Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WEVO Transmission Mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zimms
Just want to know if this is correct. They were easy to install, but there was no cursing or round II that I normal go through, so the whole thing feels weird. Here is what the installed mount looks like. Is this correct?

Click to view attachment

Thanks!
lotus_65
never looked at one up close. looks really nice!

no washers other than the bottom big'un?
McMark
Looks good. I'd take the time to get some appropriate length bolts. Extra threads are ugly. cool.gif

WEvo makes nice stuff and takes the time to make sure it works. So no cursing is their standard. biggrin.gif
J P Stein
Looks like mine.....after I tightened things up. I hope we're right. biggrin.gif
914_teener
These look great. Let me know what the "sound" difference to preformance ratio is? I know this is subjective but just an opinion.

Rob
iamchappy
I would still use the cup washer that prevents it from popping out of the transmission
wing thingy.
tat2dphreak
no cursing is their standard.

execpt when you write the check...
GeorgeRud
I installed mine when they first came out, and they look just like the above post's pics. Nicely done aftermarket parts, really first rate. They have helped with the shifting, and do not transmit any more vibrations from the drivetrain to the body.
Dr Evil
I second that you should use the big cup washer on the top to keep it form sliding off.
Zimms
Thanks everyone. I am going to add the big washer thingy tomorrow.
McMark
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jun 19 2009, 08:48 PM) *

Let me know when you find the "Well Designed & Well Built, FOR CHEAP!" store. rolleyes.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 19 2009, 09:31 PM) *

I second that you should use the big cup washer on the top to keep it form sliding off.

agree.gif
brp986s
It seems there should be material around the tabs. If one snapped, the others would snap in quick succession. I guess as long as there no reports of such I'll yellowsleep[1].gif in peace.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 20 2009, 03:04 PM) *

Let me know when you find the "Well Designed & Well Built, FOR CHEAP!" store. rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif didn't say it wasn't WORTH it, but sometimes those checks are hard to write, even if you know you have to write it...
Zimms
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jun 20 2009, 12:42 AM) *

I would still use the cup washer that prevents it from popping out of the transmission
wing thingy.

Chappy,

What did you use as a spacer? Did you turn that down?
Click to view attachment

I went to use the cup washer, but the WEVO mount does not sit flat in it. The washer is too big. , so the mount doesn't seat in cup. I guess I am off to the hardware store for some washers.

Diameter of washer compared to the cup:

Click to view attachment
Gap between the bottom of the cup washer and the WEVO washer.

Click to view attachment

Standard mount sitting flush.

Click to view attachment
J P Stein
I'm not gonna add the big washer. I'll let ya know in the trans falls out.....don't hold your breath. biggrin.gif
iamchappy
I used the stock thick washer that was there before...I think.......
Zimms
My old mounts just went straight into the rubber mount. I ended up using a few washers, 1 3/8" OD, stacked to 3/16" high, and it did the trick.

Click to view attachment

All done for now. Time to move the fuel pump and sort out some wiring gremlins.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 20 2009, 03:04 PM) *

I was browsing the wevo site yesterday, these aren't even that $$ anymore, they were much more when they were first introduced IIRC. for the current price, I think they are probably a great value...

their other products are still $$ tho poke.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Better go back and get 4 8mm bolts 10 mm longer, add 2 flat washers on each one, and use nyloc nuts. Gonna look pretty silly draggin' that tranny down the road when those plain nuts back off ..............................

The Cap'n
Larmo63
I'm looking at the Wevo transmission mounts to replace my PMS solid mounts to lessen chassis vibration.

Blue pads, or black pads?

Black are a tiny bit softer.

Sorry to use this ancient thread.
porschetub
Using the solid 911 "sport" mounts ,so far appear firm enough.
Luke M
I have a set of the Wevo blue trans mounts that I'll be using on my 6.
Some Wevo info here:

https://www.wevo.com/Products/ChassisProduc...s-SSPillows.htm

https://www.wevo.com/Products/ChassisProduc...TransMounts.htm

Has anyone tried the new URO 914-6 trans mounts yet?

https://www.stoddard.com/91437502600.html.html
mb911
QUOTE(Luke M @ May 3 2019, 04:07 AM) *

I have a set of the Wevo blue trans mounts that I'll be using on my 6.
I believe the black pads are a harder material.

Has anyone tried the new URO 914-6 trans mounts yet?

https://www.stoddard.com/91437502600.html.html

I bought those and will be using them . for the price you can't beat it.
campbellcj
I have the Wevo blue ones and have been very happy, though not much to compare with besides worn-out OE...
Larmo63
The black pads are softer. I'm going to go to these transmission mounts, but I'm deciding which pads to buy, blue or black.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.