Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Man I Hate CV Joints
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
I can't get either side to budge. I've done this before.... am I getting weaker as I get old or what?
Katmanken
Calm down and check to see if you removed the bolts..

If you did, take out yer dentures and pull again.....

Our CV joint removal process is a piece of cake compared to those abomination designs used by front wheel drive cars.....
EdwardBlume
All 8 bolts are out... must resist the urge to pry....
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 20 2009, 12:02 PM) *

... must resist the urge to pry....

why?

they have gaskets, which you are going to replace, yes?
I've never experienced any adverse effects from tapping in a thin, stiff putty knife at the gasket joint and using that to gently pry the pins loose.

Maybe I've just been lucky so I should probably say I don't officially recommend this method. But the CV's themselves are harder than the hammers of hell and you won't hurt them. The flanges are similarly heat-treated.
Dr Evil
Pry them. So long as you dont score the hell out of the you are fine. Pry by the roll pins.
jaxdream
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 20 2009, 07:51 AM) *

I can't get either side to budge. I've done this before.... am I getting weaker as I get old or what?

Yes , if I could see you to scrutinize. agree.gif

Jaxdream
EdwardBlume
OK, I pried.
beer.gif

ericread
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 20 2009, 11:13 AM) *

OK, I pried.
beer.gif

Looks like you pried too hard. You thread was how to seperate the CV joints. You obviously pried sooooo hard the entire engine came loose!!!

So I guess you haven't lost any strength... lol-2.gif

Eric
jaxdream
That's what happens when you leave the garage door open and the car faries come in !!!! happy11.gif

Jaxdream
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.