Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW V8 Get Together
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmmotorsports
Title pretty much says it. When,where? I think there are enough V8's around to be fun.

Jerry
914junkie
QUOTE(jmmotorsports @ Jun 21 2009, 09:35 AM) *

Title pretty much says it. When,where? I think there are enough V8's around to be fun.

Jerry

I'm down, let me know where and when. beerchug.gif
rascobo

Jerry

Would a small block amputee (4.3L-6 ) be welcome ? Click to view attachment happy11.gif
jmmotorsports
QUOTE(rascobo @ Jun 21 2009, 01:27 PM) *

Jerry

Would a small block amputee (4.3L-6 ) be welcome ? Click to view attachment happy11.gif

Sure, I think any water cooled 914's would be welcome.

Jerry
pjhaun
I am ready for a get-to-gether.

Click to view attachment

My car has a Buick 252/4.1 v6 with aluminum heads, roller rockers, and custom fuel injection.

Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, WA.

JRust
I'm in for one if it's fairly close. Be cool to work it around an autoX somewhere. Even without that I'd be up for it. Any geniouses out there that want to do a FI work party. I just bought a complete FI for my car off a Land Rover. Just need to get a couple o2 sensors supposedly. I'll be doing some more research on it soon. So I'm up for a work party type deal too. Whatever works I'm good with. Be happy to host a BBQ & drive up to Alsea falls. It is a great drive with banked turns biggrin.gif
TC 914-8
I'm in, only one problem, I just dropped my engine out. I hope to drop it off at a machine shop in the AM. It may be a few weeks before it's running again.
keep me posted on when and where.

Tony
6freak

Jerry

Kinda thought it was a 914 thing not a V8 thing confused24.gif ....Nothing like getting kicked to the curb cause you dont have a basterd car. ...JMO.... have fun.. dry.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(pjhaun @ Jun 21 2009, 02:35 PM) *

I am ready for a get-to-gether.

Click to view attachment

My car has a Buick 252/4.1 v6 with aluminum heads, roller rockers, and custom fuel injection.

Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, WA.

Phillip, you're the guy who honked and I waved too about 2 weeks ago rounding Pass Lake. . . I've seen your car at the OH show; VERY nice!! 'Course I could be wrong, but I doubt there is another blue flared teener pulling a trailer like that anywhere else. . . biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(6freak @ Jun 22 2009, 08:46 AM) *

Jerry

Kinda thought it was a 914 thing not a V8 thing confused24.gif ....Nothing like getting kicked to the curb cause you dont have a basterd car. ...JMO.... have fun.. dry.gif

Do you need a tissue? poke.gif
6freak
NO!!! but a hug would be good right about now rolleyes.gif
effutuo101
awww. jon, quick, go give ummms a hug. smile.gif
poke.gif
popcorn[1].gif

It will be a few more weeks for me
jmmotorsports

Jerry

Sorry Mike, really was not trying to hurt anyones feelings. We don't often get many V8's or other water cooled conversion cars in one place at the same time. Just wanted to see who all was out there and what they are up too.

Jerry
effutuo101
no hurt feelings here. just poking fun.
JRust
Mike is just being showing how envious he is of water cooled lol-2.gif

I think any 914 get together is great. I am sure all will be welcome. Be nice to have some focus on our water cooled 914's though. I think that is what Jerry is going for. A general get together with all the localized water cooled 914's. Let me think on it some more. If nobody steps up to the plate I'll put something together. Just be prepared for it to be based around my place in Corvallis if I set it up. I'll be good with someone doing it closer to Portland though.
TC 914-8
Someone mentioned around AX day in Bremerton???
We ALL could show up, But have a class for the Water cooled BASTARD children.

Give me three weeks, I just droped off my engine at th machine shop, New roller cam and lifters, should put me in the hunt.

There is also " Porsches on the Peir" in Port Angeles, Late July. The local PCA holds it every year with sone sand sculpture festival. It would be nice to have a few 914's instead of all the 60 to 80K show room queens.

EdwardBlume
Hey! Up in Seattle isn't water cooled just taking the top off? av-943.gif

OK not so funny, but I tried..
TC 914-8
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 22 2009, 10:19 PM) *

Hey! Up in Seattle isn't water cooled just taking the top off? av-943.gif

OK not so funny, but I tried..

Actually, pretty funny, I have had a few Margaritas tho....
6freak
QUOTE(jmmotorsports @ Jun 22 2009, 03:36 PM) *

Jerry

Sorry Mike, really was not trying to hurt anyones feelings. We don't often get many V8's or other water cooled conversion cars in one place at the same time. Just wanted to see who all was out there and what they are up too.

Jerry

It ok Jerry! My feelings are not hurt .....and by the way If i had the duckys i would build one myself.. i do like the V-8 cars ...and your is very nice ...but anywho if you dont want us there ,,Myself ,Dave Hunt ,Jonny B,Troy,Jeff Hines ,Kurt, Kevin,Jack,Mark, nate,Canada Steve who always brings crappy beer, beer3.gif and the rest of use(I cant remember them all but there lots) PNW 914 guys its ok go have your fun with out us just take lots of pix to post ...LOL
Tom
We could always just show up and see some nice V8 conversions. ya never know where your next crazy idea will come from.
Tom
6freak
QUOTE(Tom @ Jun 23 2009, 08:15 AM) *

We could always just show up and see some nice V8 conversions. ya never know where your next crazy idea will come from.
Tom

I like that idea Tom ..we will crash there party ...lets not tell them and just show up sshhh its a secret spread the word ..and remember dont let them know...
jmmotorsports
OK,How about All of us going to the Porsches On The Pier thing Tony mentioned,4's 6's V8's, rotory's ? Hope I did not forget anyone. In fact people who will bring beer don't even need to have a 914.

Jerry
JRust
QUOTE(jmmotorsports @ Jun 23 2009, 01:14 PM) *

OK,How about All of us going to the Porsches On The Pier thing Tony mentioned,4's 6's V8's, rotory's ? Hope I did not forget anyone. In fact people who will bring beer don't even need to have a 914.

Jerry

Let's do one closer to Portland man! I been traveling to much lately! I don't think I am up for another Seattle area trip yet confused24.gif . Guess it depends when you do it. I need a few weeks before I can probably swing it. Still it's just getting hotter. So someone up there get a plan & I'll figure a way to get there.
Tom
Jerry,
Pick a place and time. You know as many of us as possible will show up.
Tom
6freak
Invade a Portland AX ....JP will get use on the right track .....Or just wait tell the SHOOT OUT 09 thats pretty central ...then we can get drunk after the event and wont have to drive anywhere
6freak

Jerry

Damn Jerry!!!!! you give in way to easy av-943.gif
rascobo
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 23 2009, 01:52 PM) *

Jerry

Let's do one closer to Portland man! I been traveling to much lately! I don't think I am up for another Seattle area trip yet confused24.gif . Guess it depends when you do it. I need a few weeks before I can probably swing it. Still it's just getting hotter. So someone up there get a plan & I'll figure a way to get there.

agree.gif
Not only do you Seattle air(cooled)heads intend to crash our party, now you're expecting Us to bring it to You! new_shocked.gif My god has your arrogance no limits? spank.gif Portlanders* We must stand our ground and stop driving north into the shadow (cast by the burning oil) of our big city brethren and have a party here! party.gif drunk.gif monkeydance.gif barf.gif

Oh, and sometime around or after the 4th would be suit me.

(*) and S.W.Washingtonians(?) Washingtonites(?) Oh hell, you know who you are.
6freak
....LMAO....Host it and we will come ......Least tom and i will ....got a shedule for PIR AX
r_towle
I would never have respected a 914 watercooled limitation...I would have arrived with a group of REAL 914's.....lol

Have fun...love the v8 cars guys...

Rich
Tom
They are all good. I wish I had a 6. And then I would wish for a v8, then a ??. I know it would be something. I just am crazy when it comes to 914's. If I had the money, and I was single biggrin.gif , I would have a large garage full of them.
Tom
6freak
QUOTE(Tom @ Jun 24 2009, 02:48 PM) *

They are all good. I wish I had a 6. And then I would wish for a v8, then a ??. I know it would be something. I just am crazy when it comes to 914's. If I had the money, and I was single biggrin.gif , I would have a large garage full of them.
Tom

ME 2...I would like to drive an 8 just to see what its like ..Kinda think it would be like get`n kick in the ass by a Kenworth
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.