Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there a headlight installation thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
That means I need to figure out the right sequence on my own.
type47
Do you mean replacing the light bulb head light or the whole bucket, etc? If you write something up, can you include how to adjust how much the headlight cover retracts to make it even with the hood?
CliffBraun
Yeah, what exactly are you looking for? I've done mine twice in the short time I've owned the car, and adjusted them many times (since we just slapped them in after paint and neglected lock washers). I thought it was fairly straightforward. Now I'm about to get rid of them entirely. Incidentally anyone in the market for an H4 conversion?

Edit: I just remembered one thing I screwed up: It's much easier if you connect the electrics before you install the headlight pivoty things into the bucket
PanelBilly
Hey who you thinking your talking to...I was looking for detailed EVERYTHING. My headlights have been out of the car for years. Thankfully, I have another car to study and figure things out. I took photos of the process along the way and when I get some time I'll create a thread for future reference.

Today I went from here
Click to view attachment

to here

Click to view attachment

FourBlades

I am close to doing the same thing and would love to see some
pictures...

John
r_towle
What's with the orange peel in the bottom of the headlight bucket......slacker...

Rich
charliew
Looks great maybe a little pitted metal thats been redone with nice new paint.
r_towle
nah, Im just trying to see if I can get him to sand and buff some more...then maybe paint some more....

You know, a dremel with a buffing head would get in there....
Rich
PanelBilly
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 21 2009, 05:45 PM) *

What's with the orange peel in the bottom of the headlight bucket......slacker...

Rich

I thought about having it coated with LineX, but I was afraid it would cause issues with reassembly tolerances.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jun 21 2009, 12:56 PM) *

That means I need to figure out the right sequence on my own.

Something like this?

-- Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.