Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: lower front end
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bigjim
hay,
need help i have 1976 914 and front welder.gif end sit higher then the back how do i lower it so the car sit level
Bleyseng
First of all, does the rear sit lower because the rear springs are shot?

To lower the front, adjust the torsion bars with the adjuster screws to set the ride height. Look under the car at the back of the A arms to find them.

Geoff smash.gif
boxstr
I reccomend doing this on a level pad , garage, carport, etc. You will need a yardstick to measure the ride height on each side, measure at the front wheel opening on the front fender, once you have made the adjustmenst. Also tires should all have proper amount of air and you will want to bounce the car to get it to seat itself to the new ride height.
CCLINHOWLOWCANYOUGO
brant
and...

lowering your front will have an effect on the alignment settings so you may want to re-align afterwards.
brant
rhodyguy
QUOTE(brant @ Mar 5 2004, 11:11 AM)

ditto on the hard, flat, level surface. a carpenters framing square is a nce tool for the measurements. measure all four corners before you start. a little goes a long way when you start turning the adjusters(haynes p. 101, fig 7.3) out. you need to roll the car back and forth a bit each time you make an adjustment to settle the car in.

kevin
John2kx
I seem to remember having to reclock the "thingamado" that fits on spline of torsion bar to get where I needed to be, i.e could not get amount of lowering just with adjustment screw.

Still only took about a hour total to drop 1-1/4".

John
steve@ottosvenice.com
Here is the front end. The Adjustment is #6. I would check the rear out first after 30 years the rear spring are more than likely sagging. steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.