Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Brand New OEM 914 Dashboard
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rwfleming
OEM 914 dash. New, never used. Did not get around to installing, and then sold the car. Asking $500 plus shipping.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Private Message if interested
Lavanaut
Wow, nice. Now you tell me. biggrin.gif Is this for early ('70-'71) or late model?
tat2dphreak
72+ I'm pretty sure...
ChicagoPete
If it were an early one I would take it!

I also believe it is later, although I have been trying to search for the thread that has pictures of the differences and can't find it?

Peter
tat2dphreak
IIRC, the early one had no cutout for the ashtray... but don't quote me... I have bouts of CRS(Can't remember Shit)
9146FAN
I believe the difference is the relief above the glove-box door. The 70-71 has a wider relief to accomodate the wider glove-box door.

Eddie
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jun 21 2009, 06:30 PM) *

IIRC, the early one had no cutout for the ashtray... but don't quote me... I have bouts of CRS(Can't remember Shit)

Early (70 & 71) dash DID have the ash tray cut-out. The difference between the early and late is the glove box cutout. Because '72 and later had dash vents at the end of the dash assembly, the glove box door opening was modified to account for the dash vent on the end taking up space where the early model had the glove box opening.

Pic attached is for my '70.
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(9146FAN @ Jun 21 2009, 07:15 PM) *

I believe the difference is the relief above the glove-box door. The 70-71 has a wider relief to accomodate the wider glove-box door.

Eddie

agree.gif Well stated.
tat2dphreak
yea, I went and searched and found what I was thinking was WRONG

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;hl=early+dash
Lavanaut
Yep, Paul's correct...no way to tell by eyeballing it, you have to measure the glove box recess. ~ 12" for early cars, ~ 11" for later. Lots of info and pics here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=77947&hl=

bye1.gif
Pat Garvey
So.....is this an early or later dash top? Pics don't show the ends, which is important. Does it fit 70-71's, or 72's & up?

God help me, I gon't need one but know I will. Is there ever an end to hoarding?
Pat
Tom_T
QUOTE(rwfleming @ Jun 21 2009, 02:23 PM) *

OEM 914 dash. New, never used. Did not get around to installing, and then sold the car. Asking $500 plus shipping.
Private Message if interested

Can you post pic of the Pass end underside & measure the glovebox door cutout per the above posts to determine if pre or post 72 PLZ? confused24.gif

The blank space on the pass side underside should line up with the dash air vent added in 72+ if it's late.

If late then I'd probably go for it for my `73 resto.

Where are you located & what is shipping to SoCal if not local?
Tom_T
sent you a pm
johnnie5
PM sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.