Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Italian turn signal and side lenses on blue 914.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FourBlades

I got the idea that using clear turn signal and clear side marker lenses might
look cooler on my adriatic blue 914 than amber ones. I planned to use
red and clear taillights. I have this combination on my silver 996 and I think
it looks nice. I think all clear on the taillights may be overkill/too weird looking
for the US.

Do you all think this will look cool or should I stick to standard amber lenses?

I realize this is a matter of taste but I value the collective wisdom of the mob.

biggrin.gif

Thanks, John

PS. I have the turn signal lenses but I can't find the clear side markers, anyone
know who has them?
Katmanken
Might look a little like a dated ricey look that's moved on, but then again it is your car.

I like the amber, it's a period thing.

Now If I could just find the uber rare 70's lava lamp side lights.....
tat2dphreak
I like the clear front lenses.. regardless of car color. although I really like the euro fronts on yellow cars for some reason.. I'm shaving my side lenses whenever I grow a pair and actually decide to weld on the body... so I don't know where to get the clear sides... try craig at camp914?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we of course have the clear the clear and the clear for a very clear effect. Multi colored bulbs look good in them as well for the all around effect. For example last christmas we equipped a 914 with the clear front side and rear lenses alone with red and green bulbs (it was a white car) and everyone had a smile and an in the spirit laugh!
mharrison
I like the clear lenses, but I would have to see it on your car. I agree that the potential to look "ricey" exists.
FourBlades

The last thing I want is to look ricey. barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif

I'll take a picture of the clear turn lenses on the car and then maybe we can
see...

John
Silver Surfer
I have a picture of this somewhere. It was a blue 914 at the WCC 2006... 2007... I can't remember (the one in Portland). Anyway, it was the first time I had ever seen the clear lenses and I loved the way they looked against the blue. Rushed out and got a set for my silver car right away. I'll post the picture tonight.
Katmanken
Maybe I'm just getting old and noticing trends...

But 2005-2007 was the time when all the formerly red tail lights and colored side lights started to go "clear" on the new cars to get that special "fast and furious" "look".....

And the colored incandescent and LED bulbs appeared in the FLAPS.....

Many years earlier, white disco suits were cool too....... for a while.....

But now they looked dated.

Nothing says dated like those uber rare 70's lava lamp lights...

Kennylustingafterlavalights

SLITS
QUOTE(kwales @ Jun 22 2009, 12:55 PM) *

Maybe I'm just getting old and noticing trends...

But 2005-2007 was the time when all the formerly red tail lights and colored side lights started to go "clear" on the new cars to get that special "fast and furious" "look".....

And the colored incandescent and LED bulbs appeared in the FLAPS.....

Many years earlier, white disco suits were cool too....... for a while.....

But now they looked dated.

Nothing says dated like those uber rare 70's lava lamp lights...

Kennylustingafterlavalights

You and Dr. Johnny Fever ........... smoke.gif
Lavanaut
If memory serves correctly, Joe Sharp O'Brien Sharp (no really) had/has a very nice blue 914 with clear lenses. Am I making this up?
john grier
I prefer the amber!
But that is just me.
Your 914., your call
John
1970 Neun vierzehn
Well, are cars were built in the Seventies. We should decorate and attire ourselves appropriately. biggrin.gif
FourBlades

You never know where a thread on this forum will go... popcorn[1].gif

My wife is visiting the fatherland with our digital camera this
week, so unless someone else has some pictures of the look I am
considering, you will just have to wait a while...

John
jaxdream
There is a member of this forum that has clear front and back on a light green 914 with twist wheels. That is one of the cleanest , sharpest cars I have seen pics of , ( I really like the shade of the green drooley.gif , I used to be a color matcher for an ink company , and you wouldn't believe the colors I've seen over the years .)Any way do a search on wheels and I believe his car will come up , just can't recall his name , he's running 17's.

Jaxdream
JoeSharp
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jun 22 2009, 04:54 PM) *

If memory serves correctly, Joe Sharp O'Brien had/has a very nice blue 914 with clear lenses. Am I making this up?

Nope your not making this up and I was in Portlalnd for the WCC... biggrin.gif
Lavanaut
A HA! My memory isn't completely shot after all! I knew is was one of you "Joes". smile.gif How about posting a pic or two of that car of yours?
Silver Surfer
Alright, two pictures. The first is the blue car I mentioned earlier at the WCC. The side markers are shaved but I thought the front clear lenses looked great on that blue.

Click to view attachment

Silver Surfer
And here's my car with the clear lenses:

Click to view attachment
bbrown
I have the euro emblems and euro rear lamps with clear fronts and no side markers for that Italian market look. Pedrini wheels also. Just want to be different.
mharrison
OK. I like the clear.
Silver Surfer
So is that your blue car Joe Sharp? That was a fun event.
JoeSharp
Yes, and I had it at the 09 event also. It stayed in the driveway under a car cover.
JazonJJordan
QUOTE(mharrison @ Jun 23 2009, 02:42 PM) *

OK. I like the clear.

shades.gif I tend to agree...
JazonJJordan
QUOTE(Silver Surfer @ Jun 23 2009, 02:35 PM) *

Alright, two pictures. The first is the blue car I mentioned earlier at the WCC. The side markers are shaved but I thought the front clear lenses looked great on that blue.

Click to view attachment

type.gif Very nice Joe~
FourBlades
I got a set of clear side marker lights with LEDs from Zaney, thanks man!

Here is how they look on my car.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I think they look great. They are an original Porsche factory part for Italy so
they are period correct, right?

John
carr914
I like em.

T.C.
SUNAB914
Where did you get your colored bulbs? But yes, I like them too.
FourBlades

I had a couple amber bulbs laying around. I also bought some at a FLAPS, not
sure they fit yet. I would guess AutoAtlanta has them as well.

Don't know about colored LEDs, there is a vendor that sells lot of LEDs on here.

John
nsr-jamie
I think it looks great ! Also it is period correct at least in Italy. I am looking to get a set later on too once I finish some other things first. Cool !!!!!!!
Zaney
John,
Glad the markers worked out for you! They look great on a Blue car!
I had some blue LEDs for marker lights in front and in the side markers until, Johnny Law said they are not allowed in Wa State.

Take some Dusk pics when everything is up and running!

beer.gif
Nate
bembry
I didn't think I'd like them--I usually like to keep stock, but they really look good--especially with the clear side marker lights. Very nice with the blue!
dw914er
They look good. I am a bit of a fan of shaving the side marker lights (i would if i had done that extensive of metal work on my car), but still clean. The clear works with blue very well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.