Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Map/Directions/Info - Porsche Parade BBQ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
Attached is a map and directions to the Porsche Parade BBQ next Monday (June 29)

I plan on being there around 10am on Monday - and that includes a trip to the grocery store on the way up. Feel free to arrive anytime from that point on for the rest of the day.

I will be doing a "normal" BBQ during the day (Brats, burgers - some chicken) and for those who are still around as we get close to dinner, I figured on doing some steak/chicken fajitas for dinner.

There is a pile of hard alchohol and wine already up there, but I will need to grab beer and sodas. Please let me know any preferences so I can grab it on the way up.

If any of you are golfers, the name of the course is Elk Run for tee times. I am not sure what greens fees are this time of year.

Really looking forward to it!

Thanks -
Scott S
beerchug.gif
6freak
I will be doing safety inspections pretty much all day Monday (just found out ) not real happy about it .But what can you do ....I do get a 2.5 hour lunch break so i will come by then ..1st shift 9-12..... 2nd shift 230 -530 ...Maybe i can come by for dinner after im done ....Big thanks for putting this on ...you gonna be around all week?...

Mike C......gotta make sure i take my Wife down Climax Drive......LOL

O one more thing! anywhere for my boys to cast a line and maybe catch a fish? I see some water!
orthobiz
I'd love to make it out to the BBQ. I'm coming to the Parade with a friend in his 87 Carrera. We leave Northern lower Michigan at 6AM Sunday and should arrive really early Monday AM, probably dead tired but who knows?

Any other 914 get togethers. Would love to meet you guys after all the posting and lurking I've done in the past 2.5 years.

I haven't been around much lately as I got into a vinyl (record) resurgence this winter. One hobby at a time for me!

Paul
Scott S
Paul,
Get into town, take a good nap, and then feel free to come on over for dinner at your leisure.
Ferg, Gint, Ron and Kevin will all be staying at the house as well.

Have a safe trip!
orthobiz
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Jun 23 2009, 02:07 AM) *

Paul,
Get into town, take a good nap, and then feel free to come on over for dinner at your leisure.
Ferg, Gint, Ron and Kevin will all be staying at the house as well.

Have a safe trip!

I'll do my best! Thanks for the invite.

Paul
Ferg
Cool Paul. All the way from Cattletracks biggrin.gif

Drive safe, and see you there!

Ferg
6freak
How many in the group are going to AX..Scott you gonna have that white car there?looks pretty cool
Gint
No ax for me. I'm only going up for a day.

Hey Scotty, I'm going to save a vacation day. I'll work early Monday and head up there in the afternoon. Probably show up around 5 or 6-ish and check out the action Tuesday and then head back home that evening.
shelby/914
Scott, Rex and I are planning on going up sunday so we'll be dropping by too.
Scott S
The last time I ran an autocross was in 1996 in my GTI - so no... ha!
I will only be up there through Tuesday morning - heading back to town after the concour. I wish I had more time. I would love to watch the AX.

I may take tomorrow off hands.gif and nowhere near a computer hands.gif

Have a safe trip - please dont hesitate to call my cell at any point if there is something you need. 303.921.8467

Really looking forward to it!
Gint
Do you want me to bring up a full propane bottle?
Scott S
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Jun 25 2009, 07:57 AM) *

Scott, Rex and I are planning on going up sunday so we'll be dropping by too.

Great - the more the merrier!!

This goes for all out there - if you wind up out here for the event and want a place place other than a hotel to kick your feet up and grab some grub, please dont hesitate to come by at any time.
Scott S
QUOTE(Gint @ Jun 25 2009, 08:00 AM) *

Do you want me to bring up a full propane bottle?

Nope -I just had one go empty at home, so I will just do a quick refill up there. The place that does re-fills is litterally right across the street from the I-70/Dillion exit.
Thanks for the offer though!!
jhadler
Well, against all odds, and in an entirely unanticipated manner, I'm gonna be up there during the Parade.

My family and I will be vacationing in Breck that week, what a coincidence. We only made the plans a couple weeks ago, and having never even planned on going to the Parade, I had completely forgotten about it.

Don't know who's doing what, but I might drop by an event or two depending on the where and the when...

-Josh2
orthobiz
Got tickets to see Grace Potter & The Nocturnals at the Fox Theater in Boulder, Wednesday nite. Soul/Blues band, pretty good, saw them year and a half ago in Boston.

I understand the Shelby Cobra museum is in Boulder, too. Anybody been there?

Paul
Gint
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jun 27 2009, 07:51 AM) *
Got tickets to see Grace Potter & The Nocturnals at the Fox Theater in Boulder, Wednesday nite. Soul/Blues band, pretty good, saw them year and a half ago in Boston.

I understand the Shelby Cobra museum is in Boulder, too. Anybody been there?

Paul

We were just there a month ago. Danny's in the Shelby club and they had a small Ford show in the parking lot. There is a thread around here somewhere I thought. Well worth a visit.
Kirmizi
Any activities happening mid-week?
I can't sneak away until Wed or Thu, but really want to make it down there.
Mike
orthobiz
QUOTE(Gint @ Jun 27 2009, 12:10 PM) *

We were just there a month ago. Danny's in the Shelby club and they had a small Ford show in the parking lot. There is a thread around here somewhere I thought. Well worth a visit.

Looks like it's only open Saturdays!

"The Shelby American Collection is open to the public on Saturdays. Stop in and see us soon.
Museum hours are 10am to 4pm Saturday.
Admission to the museum is $5.00.
Call for special arrangements for groups and clubs."

Unless the 914world constitutes a club...hmmmm....

Paul
tod914
Guys could you do us a favor and check and see if the judges at zone deduct points for incorrect tire size and what their guidelines for tires are now.
Thanks,
Tod
Gint
icon_bump.gif

I can't wait to get the Fuchs out of here... I already have co-workers asking me about the Porsches they saw heading up the hill this weekend and if I went also. laugh.gif
orthobiz
Made it! Will be there by 5-6 PM. What can I bring? (there's two of us)

Paul
jhadler
Wish I could join y'all up there today! Wife and kids are "next door" in Breckenridge, but I can't get away from work 'till Wednesday...

-Josh2
Gint
I think Kevin and I will go up the back way via Loveland Pass. driving.gif I should bring my AR. There is a nifty public shooting range just near Keystone (by the dump). ar15.gif
orthobiz
Great meeting everyone tonite. My buddy John and I had fun, good food, good people. See you at the concours tomorrow!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.