Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: thinking about a wide band o2 & gauge, man they're expensive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
sad.gif i was looking through e-bay prices and they seemed around $300. just kinda thrown, i guess you get what you pay for.
EdwardBlume
Demick has / had one for sale....
brant
you can't go wrong with innovate:

3+ years

orange914
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 22 2009, 09:20 PM) *

had sad.gif

anyone wanta' swap an oil cooler set up? (not porsche).
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=96895&hl=

mike
RJMII
Innovate:

sub $200.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=190314881975
ConeDodger
Come up to the BBQ. I have one for sale. An Innovate LM something or other that I never used. Still in the box. Just waiting for a new home...
orange914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 22 2009, 10:14 PM) *

Come up to the BBQ. I have one for sale. An Innovate LM something or other that I never used. Still in the box. Just waiting for a new home...

the 914'll be there... now we just need an adddress beerchug.gif

mike
wobbletop
Possible source for inexpensive wide band O2 systems...

http://www.14point7.com/Widebands/NAW_OEM/NAW_OEM.htm

Never used them... just found them on the web.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(orange914 @ Jun 22 2009, 11:00 PM) *

the 914'll be there... now we just need an adddress beerchug.gif

mike

PM PRS914-6 with your body count and he will PM you back with the address. biggrin.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Mike:

I now no what the 5 th gauge is !!!!! Dave slap.gif
charliew
Try to shop for a data logging setup that way you can tune after watching the complete runup through the gears and cruise and idle.

My son does romraider tuning on his sti and he uses a zietronic data logger and wb o2 so thats also what I have bought but haven't started using it yet.
orange914
QUOTE(charliew @ Jun 23 2009, 03:34 PM) *

Try to shop for a data logging setup that way you can tune after watching the complete runup through the gears and cruise and idle.

My son does romraider tuning on his sti and he uses a zietronic data logger and wb o2 so thats also what I have bought but haven't started using it yet.

o.k. dumb question... will this data logger hook up to a basic system as a d-jet? how exactly does this hookup? simple jump leads or hardwire? i could see something like this plugging into a data port like obd I orII. i'm going to guess it's fairly costly? sounds cool though.

mike
banger
Innovate has a datalogger that you can feed with a tach signal, and have it record the wideband as well.
RJMII
The one I posted that is listed on eBay is the same unit I have (plus the gauge)

It has a data logger setup also. I can take pictures. There is an analog out for narrow band simulation, and another one for wideband output. There are also two cables for hooking up to a laptop for data logging.
Dr Evil
I am glad you guys brought this up. I didnt even realize I needed one of these, but with my electronically adjustable jets on my future bus motor carb I need to be able to know where the sweet spot is when driving around at different altitudes and such. thumb3d.gif
ghuff
Innovative motorsports, and as a bonus it uses a bosch 5 wire wide band that is like 40-50$ to replace.
orange914

can you bring it along? i'm still ignorant on the whole set up... but learning
TimT
We have been pretty happy with the NGK wideband, Have seen it as low as $249, though can't find that price now...

Its now $269

We propbably have a dozen different brand widebands in the shop...
RJMII
QUOTE(orange914 @ Jun 25 2009, 06:10 PM) *

i'm still ignorant on the whole set up... but learning

Ask some questions here... There are a handful of people that are experienced and are willing to help.
Dr Evil
How do you use one? What is the right AF ratio?
degreeoff
I wanna say ideal is 13.7?
brant
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Jun 26 2009, 05:04 AM) *

I wanna say ideal is 13.7?

it depends...
Stoich is technically ideal for efficiency (14.7:1)
but not necessarily for power.

we usually shoot for 13:1 or there abouts on the race car
it depends and different folks have different opinions.
I have a builder that likes 12.5:1 on a full out race motor
granted that is not low rpm or midrange... but redline

brant
Demick
QUOTE(orange914 @ Jun 22 2009, 09:48 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 22 2009, 09:20 PM) *

had sad.gif

I still have mine. Guy who wanted it never followed through and I never got around to relisting it. If anyone's interested in an Innovate Motorsports LM-1, let me know. $200 + ship.

Demick
Dr Evil
So for my bus motor, I would likely not want it lower as I am not racing? Lower means richer, correct? A/F
Katmanken
You are right Evil one..

Lower means richer and more power (until it chokes), and

Higher means leaner A/F ratio, better fuel economy, more heat, adn maybe more pinging....

orange914
i get the readings well enough, i used to love fooling with mixture- c.o., h.c. stuff on cars. but i guess my questions are about the stand alone set ups like this (i'm ass u m ing biggrin.gif ) it isn't just a gauge and sensor. the set up must have some mini-procesor of sorts inline before the gauge/readout???

mike
RJMII
QUOTE(orange914 @ Jun 26 2009, 06:14 PM) *

i get the readings well enough, i used to love fooling with mixture- c.o., h.c. stuff on cars. but i guess my questions are about the stand alone set ups like this (i'm ass u m ing biggrin.gif ) it isn't just a gauge and sensor. the set up must have some mini-procesor of sorts inline before the gauge/readout???

mike

Yes, that is correct. there is a module that the wideband O2 sensor plugs into.
Gint
QUOTE(Demick @ Jun 26 2009, 08:47 AM) *
I still have mine. Guy who wanted it never followed through and I never got around to relisting it. If anyone's interested in an Innovate Motorsports LM-1, let me know. $200 + ship.

Demick

Yes please. Shipping to 80241 Demick. Let me know the total. Paypal OK? PM sent. smile.gif
Demick
QUOTE(Gint @ Jun 26 2009, 06:30 PM) *

Demick

Yes please. Shipping to 80241 Demick. Let me know the total. Paypal OK? PM sent. smile.gif

Sold! Thanks Mike.
Gint
QUOTE(Demick @ Jun 26 2009, 08:03 PM) *
QUOTE(Gint @ Jun 26 2009, 06:30 PM) *

Demick
Sold! Thanks Mike.

Thank you. I lost out on one in our classifieds a few months back. And now I need one for my MS anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.