Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FML: Someone hit my car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turnaround89
Hit and run, don't know how they tagged two sides of the fender flare(passenger side rear), but its missing paint on both sides...back to bodywork and repaint. Is there a time that i have to wait to repaint a car after its already been painted. the blue paint is only a week old, do i have to wait awhile to have the side of the car repainted?
Tried to upload the picture, but my computer won't find my camera, ill try again later
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

This one of the reasons i am for conceal carry. Shoot the Bas--rd!!!!

Dave slap.gif
VaccaRabite
Heck, I have barely gotten my car out of the garage since I painted it in 2007, and I already have one dent and a scratch down to primer.

Driven less then 5 miles, and I already have to do touch up.

Hope yours goes on easy.

Zach
charliew
call the painter you used. If it's two part urethane it needs about 36 hours too be safe and not get the sanded through edges to lift or wrinkle.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jun 23 2009, 07:05 PM) *

Heck, I have barely gotten my car out of the garage since I painted it in 2007, and I already have one dent and a scratch down to primer.

Driven less then 5 miles, and I already have to do touch up.

Hope yours goes on easy.

Zach

Not to mention the engine problems poke.gif
PanelBilly
Makes me want to leave my car in the garage....
slow914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jun 23 2009, 07:59 PM) *

Makes me want to leave my car in the garage....

It was coming out????

stirthepot.gif

jsayre914
sorry to hear that, My car has a dent in the rear fender from my 5yr old daughter confused24.gif and she didnt have insurance sad.gif

karma will get them, not for doing it.... but for leaving without a word. popcorn[1].gif
turnaround89
Just found out from the painter that i have to wait 30 days, before i can do bodywork. I can't put primer or bondo over the new paint until it cures
MBowman325
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jun 24 2009, 01:44 PM) *

karma will get them, not for doing it.... but for leaving without a word. popcorn[1].gif

The kicker about karma is that it's supposed to net out on the next life. Maybe their habits will get them sooner though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.