Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: questions about throttle bodies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
Long story.. I almost got my new project running but now need to buy a working Throttle body with the TPS or electrical part included...

So really 2 questions:
-What year/part number should I find?
-does anyone have one for sale?

Details: 1974 GA motor 2.0/Djet

I know the early TB's lay flat and are different than the late upright ones... so, do all of the late ones interchange and work with my DJet? how about 1.8 TB's and TPS's? I was told the TPS is different on the 75-76 cars... so does that rule them out for my 74 FI?

I know this has been covered 1000 times probably, but I never paid attention or needed to know before.. thanks again fellas.. and again and again and again....

brant
Dave_Darling
Use a 914 2.0 throttle body. That's the only one that I know of that will bolt up correctly. I don't remember if the 1.7 TPS is the same as the 2.0 one or not--but the 1.8 one is definitely different.

The only differences in 2.0 throttle bodies that I can think of:
Early 73s had a simpler throttle bellcrank and no "supplemental return spring"
Some/many/most 74+ throttle bodies are missing the fitting for vacuum advance.

Neither of those will keep you from running any 2.0 914 throttle body on any 2.0 914.

--DD
brant
dave,

I know were talking about 2 different parts.. (TPS/TB)... and yes I hope to find a seller with the 2 items already together...

but I had been told the late TPS had an extra wire on it?... would this be a problem... (this will help me distinguish if I can use a 75-or-76 also)

thanks and I'll start my search for a 2.0-
brant
3d914
Brant,

I pretty sure I have both. A spare throttle body from my extra 74 2.0 GA motor, and a new (used for two months) throttle position switch.

I've converted to MegauSquirt fuel injection on my daily 2.0, so I don't need the extra TB or TPS.

Shoot me an email as a reminder and I'll check my parts box this weekend.

Regards,
brant
gerard, thanks...pm on its way.

incase gerard doesn't have one.. does anybody else know if all of the 2.0's will interchange?

brant
Dave_Darling
Just to reiterate what I said on the other thread, yes they will. All the 2.0 TPSes are the same (or at least, there's only one kind you can get now!), and all of the 2.0 914 TBs do interchange.

You may have to run an extra vacuum line, or remove a vacuum line, but the TB will interchange and will work just fine.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.