Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lighting (reflector) question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
geniusanthony
Somewhere I was tooling around and saw an image of the new Camaro perhaps and liked the way its headlight looked when the top edge is tucked beneath the bodywork. Made me think to the Hella 500's I have on the shelf. There is room behind my getty bumper (great product), to fit the 500's in the factory mounts, there is a <1 inch area of the lense covered behind the top edge of the bumper.
I do know that I can paint the covered section white for reflectiveness, followed by black to minimize bleed though of the light through the bumper as well as backlighting of the front end.

As I rationalize the reflector properties it seems as though blocking off the top edge will only affect the very near distance light and not the long distance light at all. Do you supose I am correct in that assumption?
Click to view attachment
I realize that the factory grills wil no longer fit correctly and I have an idea to make some new ones of aluminum stock as such. What do you all think of these reasonings. Shoot holes in it if am way off base. Someone else must have tucked those bigg-uns behind the bumper.
Click to view attachment
marks914
Most lamps with a portion cut off have the reflector optimized for that application.

I would not worry about it too much, the hellas will perform better than the stock lamps anyway.

I have some pilot lamps, fit perfectly and work way better

mark

Mark
anderssj
QUOTE(geniusanthony @ Jun 25 2009, 01:07 AM) *

As I rationalize the reflector properties it seems as though blocking off the top edge will only affect the very near distance light and not the long distance light at all. Do you suppose I am correct in that assumption?

Yes biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.