Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlite Not working
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott Carlberg
So the other nite out on 580 in Livermore, I hit this bump in the road quite hard,
and my driver-side headlite went out.

I checked the fuse and it was fine, even changing the fuses for R & L headlites.
Still no lite.

Does this mean the headlite just blew?
Or, is there something else I should check before I toss it?

Sylvannia Silver Star.... that I have NOT had all that long, just over a year!!! ohmy.gif
Joe Bob
Swap headlights....pull dash switch.... wacko.gif

Then if it STILL don't work, check the connection inside the ceramic/[lastic thingy that plugs into the back of the lamp....

$.05 please....
SirAndy
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Mar 5 2004, 12:07 PM)
So the other nite out on 580 in Livermore, I hit this bump in the road quite hard,
and my driver-side headlite went out.

does it still go up/down? if not, the relay fell out. ask me how i know wink.gif

take the top cover off and check the plug and make sure it didn't slide of the spades. ask me how i know wink.gif

Andy
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 5 2004, 12:37 PM)

Then if it STILL don't work, check the connection inside the ceramic/[lastic thingy that plugs into the back of the lamp....

$.05 please....

do you accept paypal? laugh.gif
Dave_Darling
Remember, there are four fuses for each headlight. Left low beam, left high beam, right low beam, right high beam. Is it both low and high that is gone on yours?

I'd guess fuse, or bulb. Wiring is next on "the list". Grounds are unlikely, as the one light will ground through the other causing it to come on but be very dim.

--DD
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Mar 5 2004, 03:15 PM)
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 5 2004, 12:37 PM)

$.05 please....

do you accept paypal? laugh.gif

hey, that's exactly what I said on the dupilcate thread. ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.