Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hows this for a new service/product?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I know a lot of you have leaky shift consoles (the part on the gear box that the shift linkage interfaces with) as evidenced by the cover full of oil. How about I offer to send one to you that is re sealed with new seals, comes with two new stainless nuts and washers, with a new shift bushing installed correctly with no slop, and with 2 new cone screws so all you have to do is remove and replace? Do you think that would be a good thing? I havent figured out a cost of doing this, but it wont be much more than parts and shipping. smile.gif
jsayre914
sounds great! How much would shipping be to York rolleyes.gif
McMark
Perfect! thumb3d.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jun 25 2009, 06:08 PM) *

sounds great! How much would shipping be to York rolleyes.gif

slap.gif I already did yours. It must be a slow day at the head shop rolleyes.gif
ME733
Great Idea about the shift console......Hook me up as soon as possable,as My next project is to replace all the shift,shifter bushings,and transmission and engine mounts.......I have a 1973 S....side shifter tranny (naturally)....Thanks!!!! agree.gif cheer.gif beerchug.gif bye1.gif
tat2dphreak
sounds good man! mine was leaking so I fixed that already, but next time, I'd damn sure swap to you
shoguneagle
Our "EVil Genius, Dr. Evil, has his devilish thoughts working hard on the Dark Side!!! Excellent idea and should blend into your other activities of being "an evil genius",. The Doc is really operating today!! I like it.

Steve Hurt
r_towle
optional bronze bushing would be nice.
New cover and rubber would also be a nice option.
Small tube of loktite.
Rich
SLITS
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 25 2009, 04:18 PM) *

Small tube of loktite.
Rich

"And a partridge in a pear tree"
r_towle
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 25 2009, 07:23 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 25 2009, 04:18 PM) *

Small tube of loktite.
Rich

"And a partridge in a pear tree"

Then I suppose a BJ is out of the question?
Dr Evil
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 25 2009, 07:18 PM) *

Small tube of loktite.
Rich

Yes, a bronze bushing would be great, but it needs to be sized before it is installed and I dont have any anyway so piss off tongue.gif
Lavanaut
Tail shifter too? Is that going to help me here, or do I have bigger fish to fry? dry.gif I've been meaning to garner your opinion on the matter. smile.gif Don't want to hijack your thread though...

Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Thats a /6 tail cone and would require the removal of the whole cone. I have spare /6 cones, but I dont have tail cone gaskets just yet. I am working on getting single tail cone gaskets made....probably in a few weeks smile.gif

I do sell the square bottom gasket separately.
914werke
yea that bushing is a bitch!
Dr Evil
OK, I have crunched the numbers and will offer this service for $50 shipped (you cover return shipping). smile.gif Pretty good, no?

New:

Cone screw 901-424-229-00-M260
Bushing, console 914-424-224-02-M100
O-ring, console 999-701-359-40
Seal, console 900-112-001-50
Labor
Shipping
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.