Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lines from Reservoir and master cylinder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Is it important to replace these plastic lines?
jt914-6
I would use them if they look in good condition. Be sure to clean the inside with brake cleaner spray. It's the inside that you want the cleanest.
Replacements should be avaliable and not too expensive.
9146FAN
I guess it depends on how your old stuff looks. Mine was kruddy, so I replaced the lines, resivoir, hoses, clamps, gromets, etc.

Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
Your right, after looking at the old tubes and cylinder and seeing your nice clear one, I''l just replace them.
bobhasissues
QUOTE(9146FAN @ Jun 25 2009, 08:17 PM) *

I guess it depends on how your old stuff looks. Mine was kruddy, so I replaced the lines, resivoir, hoses, clamps, gromets, etc.

Click to view attachment

Wow! That's a factory fresh looking front trunk.
I'm working on mine, now and you just raised the bar.
Is that a new front harness, and/or where did you get that wire loom? My harness only has the cover on the section going down to the master cylinder switch. The rest of the front harness is wrapped with a skinny friction tape spaced about 1". Same in the back trunk.
tod914
Beautiful restorations guys. Can't wait to see the finished cars.
r_towle
QUOTE(bobhasissues @ Jun 26 2009, 06:12 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Is that a new front harness, and/or where did you get that wire loom? My harness only has the cover on the section going down to the master cylinder switch. The rest of the front harness is wrapped with a skinny friction tape spaced about 1". Same in the back trunk.

Tape is stock and factory.
I would venture to bet you would get demerits for that wire loom cover.

RIch
Gint
QUOTE(9146FAN @ Jun 25 2009, 09:17 PM) *

Looks like new! Where did you source the lines and grommets? And for that matter, the reservoir and cap?
9146FAN
QUOTE(bobhasissues @ Jun 26 2009, 03:12 PM) *

Click to view attachment

This wire harness is 914/6 NOS in the original Porsche bag. I bought it about 3 years ago from Glenn. They are still available, I guess $$ would be more today. FWIW, the old harness I removed had the same covering in that area.

Thanks for the compliments
9146FAN
QUOTE(Gint @ Jun 26 2009, 07:19 PM) *

QUOTE(9146FAN @ Jun 25 2009, 09:17 PM) *

Looks like new! Where did you source the lines and grommets? And for that matter, the reservoir and cap?

I found the lines, resivoir, cap, blue hose on ebay. The gromets came from Pelican.
9146FAN
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 26 2009, 05:27 PM) *

QUOTE(bobhasissues @ Jun 26 2009, 06:12 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Tape is stock and factory.
I would venture to bet you would get demerits for that wire loom cover.

RIch

Rich-

Ouch, a demerit. I've never received a demerit. Hopefully I could talk my way out of that. I talked my way out of a citation the last two time's I've been plled over by the CHP. LOL!

Thanks for your note.

Eddie
914Sixer
New -6 wiring harnesses are out there but the last one I bought was $1500.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.