Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know what engine this is?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gigamight
This engine came with my car as a donor/ transplant. I can't find any mechanics around that have the slightest idea what it is. I also am wondering if there is a way to try and get it to crank without being in the car. I am assuming that the starter gets mounted body side, and so there is no place to mount it to the engine itself? Am I correct, or is there a trick to it?
Zundfolge
I may be wrong but that looks a lot like the 2.0l motor in mine.EDIT Just as I noticed I was wrong (the spark plugs are too vertical for a 2.0) Jake Raby posts ... BTW, ANYTHING he tells you is going to be correct.

The starter mounts on the transmission.

You can put a socket on the big nut inside the squirrel cage (see the alternator? follow the belt to the fan on the crankshaft) turn it clockwise I believe ... better wait for confirmation here from someone that is more sure. (been a couple years since I did a valve adjustment and turned the motor by hand)
Jake Raby
Easy..
Small plenum, small runners and Yellow top injectors.
Its a 1.7

rick 918-S
Put it on a pallet, bolt up the transaxle and starter, jump the starter.
Cap'n Krusty
'73 1.7. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.