Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: console gauges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
so I bought new (all 2 1/16th) oil pressure, oil temp and CHT gauges to go in the stock center console... but they fall right through the hole... is there a sleeve or spacer or something I can use, or am I stuck with building a new center piece for the console... if I do that, I'm afraid the leather/vinyl won't match the original on the outside... screwing me even further, causing me to recover the whole fuch'n thing...

nevermind... I just saw these:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/smart/...0Adapter%20Ring

I shoulda ordered 3 of those

edit again:

http://www.egauges.com/vdo_acce.asp?Subgro...gs&Manf=All

$7 cheaper
Grelber
Wayne: If you need to recover your center consol, there's several places in town that have matching material. I went to a place on McDermott in Allen, but there's one also by Collin Creek Mall.

I added the CHT and oil pressure guages to mine, and have all 4 plus the clock in the center.

Is Wes done with yours?

tat2dphreak
he's getting close,

the turn signal assembly should be here in a day or 2, that's a big hold up. he's also putting velocity stacks on the carbs. he got the front sway bar in. and fixed the leaks. now he's working on the electrical... it's keeping him busy, fo shizzle.

the console is perfect as it is, so I just ordered the spacers above, and I'll see how that goes. later I might recover the console, the backpad and the dash(s) to match my door panels (RS style, from 914 A&P)... I just didn't want to do the whole console now if I don't have to.... even though that's probably the "right" way.
orange914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jun 26 2009, 08:54 AM) *

but they fall right through the hole... is there a sleeve or spacer or something I can use

yes there are rings that slip over the small gauges to fit the larger holes. i have one and was just looking at it recently. i don't know where they come from, so sorry for the tease biggrin.gif

mike
Grimstead
Go to Home Depot and get a short piece of black PVC drain pipe. This works perfectly and it's cheap!

beer.gif
markb
If you decide to build a new face, you could recover it with the basketweave & match the dash face. This means you'd need to do the shifter piece also.
76-914
Gimstead is right. A piece of 2" ABS (or PVC painted plack) 1" long w/ a slight bevel. It's tighter than socks on a rooster. However, I also found that if you place 2 **washers together against the backsidde of the gage face the new gage fits just like the original fit. Not as tight as the plastic pipe fit. I tried both but went with the washers as it felt more original.
**The washers I used are the ballcock cap seals. Brand/Model=Coastmaster #1B1 kit. Very readily available. If you want I'll send pics of both ways. PM me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.