Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tire shop bent my rim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
I decided to use a set a of steel rims to mount my AXing tires on. Took the Falkens & rims to a local shop and hour later I get a call saying they bent one of my rims mad.gif . I wasn't to upset since the rims are just the steel rims but still. I don't know how they did it but it is trashed. The others are fine, they are going to pay for another rim and all the mounting was free. They have done other tire work for me in the past will excellent service, so I guess one F-up isn't bad since I have been taking my tires there for 20+ yrs.

- Garold

PS thanks to Brad Mayuer for sending me another rim. beer.gif
GaroldShaffer
the rim sad.gif
Pnambic
Yeah, you might feel a little vibration there...heh.

Glad they're taking care of it!
nebreitling
bummer about the rim, but i think it's a great business that calls to inform you that they made a mistake, then takes the responsibility to correct it.

congrats on finding such a shop!
ruddyboys
Did they tell you what they did to bend it that much?
Joe Bob
Looks like it was hit with something...THAT can't be a tire machine screw up....
TimT
agree.gif I would continue doing business with this shop... everybody screws up once in awhile..they let you know they did and are taking care of it... thats good..

I cant figure out how they managed to mangle the rim like that though.

Ive mounted a bunch of tires and cant see how you could do that in a tire machine..I dont htink they have enough power when clamping the rim to do that..
EdwardBlume
I've done bad things to rims when I was learning how to pull tires off rims, but that wheel is a work of art. Its good to hear of some business out there that own up to their errors.
GaroldShaffer
The owner of the shop was the one doing the work. He said it was done while on the machine. The way I understand it they had the rim on the machine with the back of the tire over the rim and was in the process of getting the front lip of the tire over the lip of the rim. Some sort of bar attachment they use confused24.gif . Anyway, you could see that he was real upset about it and is willing to take care of paying for another rim. What more could you ask for. Its a great little ma & pa shop here in town and I will keep going to them as long as they are around.
Good service is hard to find.

- Garold
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.