Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 'bout to pull my hair out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cvoros
Have had my 75 2.0 sitting waiting (on me) for an angle drive to get ordered and installed. Its sat for a month or two, and I start her up every week or two. So, I finally get the thing installed and start her back up......

and cannot get it into gear. So, it seemed the clutch cable had more slack than it should....got it tightened a bit and it still wont go into gear while running. Gear box seems fine when ignition is off, shifts into gears just fine.

What the hell could have happened? or what am I missing?

headbang.gif
cvoros
OK well nevermind. ????

I went out and push rolled the car backwards and forwards WHICH I had actually already done, and its fine now.

whatever.....you can delete this thread

type2man
Your clutch probably froze up on the flywheel. Next time it happens and you can't free it by rocking the car back and forth, start it up in gear, and then press the clutch and it will free it up.
cvoros
QUOTE(type2man @ Jun 26 2009, 03:21 PM) *

Your clutch probably froze up on the flywheel. Next time it happens and you can't free it by rocking the car back and forth, start it up in gear, and then press the clutch and it will free it up.

Well that seemed to work somehow (rolling the car). No idea. Thank you for the tip. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.