Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the best grease for poly bushings?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fasthonda
I am replacing all the suspension bushings with Poly Graphite. I also plan to put some grooves in the bushings to hold the grease. I have heard that marine grease with teflon is a good chioce. Any advice from the club. Thanks in advance.

Michael
r_towle
QUOTE(esses62 @ Jun 26 2009, 08:31 PM) *

Boat trailer grease shades.gif

agree.gif
daveyboybadion
Michael, appearantly you can't use just any grease on poly bushings and expect it to last. Check out www.polybushings.com for the scoop...daveyboy
Katmanken
Daveyboy,

That's advertising to sell more product....

Graphite is a dry plate lube that apparently is added to the base polyurethane resin for some reason. - Apparently the use of graphite as a lubricant isn't satisfactory as grease is required for operation.

Compatability sheets are provided by the manufacturers of plastics and resins for their products, and by grease manufacturers to inform users what materials have been tested with their products.

Do a google on polyurethane compatability with grease..

I found lithium greases, synthetics, and silicone greases on my first page and I'm sure there are lots more.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.