Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subaru power specs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
So, what is THE most powerful subaru motor?

What are the torque specs?

Rich
Dr Evil
I really want to do a 3.0 2003 and newer motor. I bet it can be made to scream.
sean_v8_914
300 hp is common place in the WRX world. Steve Johnson builds them for the sand crowd by teh dozen
VaccaRabite
Are you looking for stock or modified?

Zach
r_towle
Just a bolt in swap....so stock to start.
I am seeing complete motors, WRX (dunno which model) for less than 5k
Complete (on ebay) with all sensors, turbos, harness, and ECU.

3-5k seems to be the going rate now for a complete WRX motor, but I am not sure which one is which...I did go to renegades site and read the list, but the ones I am seeing are from other cars etc.

Rich
TonyAKAVW
I think that a lot of the engines for sale on ebay are going to be "JDM" imported engines. The most powerful engine stock is the most recent WRX STI motor, some variation of the EJ20. The STI has been around in Japan for a lot longer so there is a bigger variety of those motors with different horepower. You'll also see motors given the wrong designation such as those ending with -TT or deTT or something like that. No Subaru motor ever had those designations, but for some reason they get advertised that way (Nissan turbo motors are sometimes designated with those letters apparently).

Lat time I checked, a USDM (US Domestic Market) WRZ STI motor went for more like $7k, but that is maybe 3-4 years now. Those motors are particularly desirable for people with normal WRXs or RS25s. Be careful about the twin turbo motors, they are harder to get working than the single turbo or N.A. motors.

-Tony
lotus_65
here's a wiki page for stock engine info.
bravo.gif
thefleur
pktzygt
I bought a JDM ej20g motor and transmission for $1340 shipped. It supposedly makes 240hp i think. I just took a deposit for the transmission to sell for $1000. Motor goes in on Tuesday or Wednesday.
d914
I bought a ej20k a while ago,,,275 hp stock...the jdm spec motors can be cheap and give you some time to work stuff out. Im not too concerned if I only get a year or two from the motor.. Replacement engines are cheap....the conversion stuff is the expensive stuff!!

Im looking into redoing the bottom end before I put in my car though... Just a little cheap insurance....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.