Full Version: VW Phaeton Factory
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
YouTube Video of VW Dresden Plant

This is really cool.... aktion035.gif
Elliot Cannon
Luxury VW? That use to be an oxymoron.
hcdmueller
I have been passed by one of those on the Autobahn. I was going over 100mph and it passed me like I was standing still. Sounded nice as it went by. I am pretty sure that I saw W10 on the back.
914Sixer
Haven't they already quit makeing these? It was a sales flop. People equated VW with good cheap transportation. If they were spending that kind of money, they wanted MB, BMW etc.
grantsfo
Very cool. Perfect for high end manufacturing. Sure would be nice to see something like that in a major Metropolitain City in US. Have a show case of engineering and manufactuing excellence. VW is doing some very impressive work.

Makes Porsche look sort of old school: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgb8nbddDxM
Katmanken
Had to laugh...

Some of that is old tech...

When I worked for a computer company in the 80's and we started building 286's, we put in a computer controlled cart system to deliver parts to the assembly line...

Inducted power works, but it's a big energy drop!

Were those assembly guys on drugs or a break? They would never make it in a U.S. manufacturing plant.....

Yup, marketing gimmick plant, not a real engineers plant (NAREP)
aircooledtechguy
Anyone who has toured the Saturn plant in Tennessee see's a lot of the same things, wood floor that is a conveyor, automated magnet controlled carts that bring parts where they belong all by themselves etc, etc. That VW plant is definitely more visually pleasing to the eye, but the U.S. manufacturing have been using those same things for years.
Katmanken
Hmmmmmmm...

Did Phaeton or Saturn make a profit?? idea.gif

Could that be a clue?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.