Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fastest quarter mile time for a 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buhs914
I was curious on what the fastest average time a 914 has achieved in a quarter mile. This can apply to only the 4s and 6s (water or air).
VaccaRabite
Slightly less then 24 hours.

These are NOT quarter mile cars.

Zach
swl
how 'bout 13.8 smile.gif http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPBREn3ibgI
rfuerst911sc
Are you asking speed vs. distance or how much rusted in that distance ? biggrin.gif
iamchappy
On one of those 1/4 mile - hp - weight - gearing - tire - calculators my car estimates out to 11 to 11.7 depending on what i have the boost set at.
type2man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzGrfXJJU5o
popcorn[1].gif 6.0 in the eighth mile so thats probably a mid 9 second car.
SirAndy
QUOTE(buhs914 @ Jun 26 2009, 10:14 PM) *

I was curious on what the fastest average time a 914 has achieved in a quarter mile.

Probably Otmar in his electric 914. He takes it to the drag strip.
1500lbs of torque at 0 rpm ... huh.gif

Other than that, 914s are build for handling, which usually involves corners and such.
shades.gif Andy
Cap'n Krusty
Who cares?

The Cap'n
underthetire
....sometimes it takes me 15 minutes to push it that far.....
GeorgeRud
At the Cincinatti Porsche Parade, they had an event at a drag strip, and I seem to remember a modified (ie larger engined) 914-6 turned something in the high 12s. Not too shabby for the little car!

dw914er
I remember reading a porsche book, talking about the 911's. Basically, it was showing how people thought they were slow cars. (1960's-1970's era) But american's measured fast from one stop light to the next, while the german's thought fast was through corners. 914 is a handling car, not a drag car. It can be made to go pretty fast on a dragstrip (915 tranny might be better than the 901 though wink.gif), but corners is where it's really at
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.