Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2270 EFI/Crankfire/DTM turn key motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
RonW
Gint
I'll be honest I'm probably not a buyer for your motor at this time. However I do have a couple of questions that I would want to know if I were buying it so they're valid anyway.

Who built the motor?
How many miles are on it?

And where did you mount the TPS? Any pics?

Thanks.
RonW
valid questions, sorry for the omission of those details:

motor was built by me, w/ jakes support as i needed it.
motor has 5K miles on it. drive to/from LA/SF for a track day at willowsprings, Santa Rosa/SF for a club ride, Big Sur/SF from my anniversary. the rest is spirited drives in the hills in the bay area

TPS is the stock TPS that Jenvey mounts to the back of their ITBs. i have a zillion pics i took during the build but i dont think i have one w/ the tps. its on the back of the 1-2 body

IPB Image

my gallery of pics is http://www.iwolfe.com/projects .

thanks for looking
ron
Gint
Nice motor. Thanks Ron. I'll make your URL a link in that last reply.
craig downs
Hi Ron. Your the guy with the 912 on Jakes forum. Why are you selling it are you going bigger?
The only problem is that the 914 needs to use the V2 DTM that doesn't use the stock oil cooler arrangement.
RonW
craig,
yep, thats me. ya, going to a 3.oL 6 w/ ITBs.
regarding the DTM set up for a 914, i guess thats true. but never the less, its still for sale. perhaps if a teener purchased it, they could mount an external cooler w/ fan and just seal up the port on the DTM. or switch to a dtm w/o the oil cooler and sell this one.

thanks for looking.
RonW
bump
plus, if someone is interested in the motor w/o the ECU/EFI and just wants to put their own carbs and dizzy on it, i'm sure we can work something out.

blackmoon
QUOTE(RonW @ Jun 30 2009, 11:53 AM) *

bump
plus, if someone is interested in the motor w/o the ECU/EFI and just wants to put their own carbs and dizzy on it, i'm sure we can work something out.

would have bought this had it been available last month chair.gif
RonW
bummer and i see you are in the bay area too. oh well. perhaps paths will still cross again sometime biggrin.gif
RonW
4th of July weekend bump wink.gif
RonW
ttt
RonW
keeping motor biggrin.gif !!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.