Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It is a Bumblebee
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Daiberl
Hello,

yesterday we put the car I bought last week on a tow truck and brought it to my garage, I checked the paing code and it's L04I, the car had yellow bumper and rocker panels as well as yellow Mahle rims, all was painted black long time ago. Sway bars front and back, never had vinyl sails, black metal trim on the targa bar as well as leather shift boot, also grey headlight covers. It's a Bumblebee, I'm sure now!

Still looking for good paint shops in the Seattle area and some good advice, the car needs a few things after being parked for 20 years in a garage. Rust is not to bad, the only area which need work is the battery tray, all the other areas look good so far.

- Juergen
KaptKaos
Nice find! Congrats.
ghuff
Congrats, those are neat cars smile.gif

That is a good find indeed.
gregrobbins
Nice find. Invest in a Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche North America, let Jeff Bowlsby know about the car so he can add it to the list of known survivors. Front valance is not correct, so you'll need to look for a replacement (originals are impossible to find, but aftermarket ones are easy).
JRust
Definately get the COA. That is the only way to know for sure. Sounds like it is though. That is awesome! How is it for rust?
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
Daiberl
Thanks for the replies, I will for sure get the COA. The front spoiler is not the correct one, that's right, the former owner told me that they lost it and put another one on. Rust is in the battery area, I have to check the hell hole when the engine is out, all the other areas look fine so far. The interior needs work, after being in a garage for 20 years it needs new seat cover, new carpet, and the windshield is cracked. I will start with getting the engine out and then I will bring it to a body shop for handling the rust and painting it back to the original color. Any tips would be highly appriciated what I should do in addition, I restored one 20 years ago when I lived in Germany but that was a long time ago.

- Juergen
SirAndy
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jun 27 2009, 11:39 AM) *

Any tips would be highly appriciated what I should do in addition, I restored one 20 years ago when I lived in Germany but that was a long time ago.

If you haven't already done so, get in touch with Jeff Bowlsby, he knows more about the LE cars then the rest of us combined!

thumb3d.gif Andy
dw914er
great find, and thanks for saving another LE smile.gif
Daiberl
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 27 2009, 12:45 PM) *

Any tips would be highly appriciated what I should do in addition, I restored one 20 years ago when I lived in Germany but that was a long time ago.

If you haven't already done so, get in touch with Jeff Bowlsby, he knows more about the LE cars then the rest of us combined!

thumb3d.gif Andy

Thanks for this, I already contacted him and he is waiting for the COA to get it on the list of LE's he has.

Are there any 914 drivers in Seattle close to Renton/Fairwood where I live? Would be great having someone taking a look before I start to prepare for the bdy shop.
tod914
Very nice find.
messix
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jun 27 2009, 01:26 PM) *

thumb3d.gif Andy

Thanks for this, I already contacted him and he is waiting for the COA to get it on the list of LE's he has.

Are there any 914 drivers in Seattle close to Renton/Fairwood where I live? Would be great having someone taking a look before I start to prepare for the bdy shop.

mark aka kelty lives down there and kurt aka greeny live s in issaquah
kurt has done a restoration and the paint looks great he might be some help.
Porsche Rescue
Send a PM to Bleyseng (first name is Geoff). He is in Seattle and could be a big help. Knows 914's. His pic and link for PM are on this page.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...051&st=1220
EdwardBlume
beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif

Take care of that treasure! drooley.gif
Zaney
drunk.gif Nice find!
Bring her back to her roots!

Hopefully, I will get my bastard child going soon, a Silversickle! aktion035.gif

Cheers!
Nate
cadfhtech
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jun 27 2009, 01:26 PM) *

thumb3d.gif Andy

Good to see another 914 in the Renton area. I have a '74 1.8 that is mostly original and very solid. I saw in one of your notes about the unique gray headlight covers of the LE's. My car has the gray covers too which puts its production in the period when the LE's were made. You can contact me at rallenl@comcast.net if you like.

Bob.
Bleyseng
Glad you bought it and kept it local! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.