Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anyone have Vredesteins 165 HR 15's ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914

At a toss up on tires. Thinking of the Vredesteins 165 HR 15's or going with the Continetal ContiProContact Tires 195 65R 15s which is very close to the original size. Spare is an original Conti. Do the Vredensteins hold the road well with that older thread pattern? I use the car for occasional drives and mainly car shows.

Thanks,

Tod
GeorgeRud
I think either will do a fine job for you, as you are not trying to be the next AutoX hero with the car, and are more interested in getting a good tire. I had a set of the Vreds years ago, and can't remember any problems with them. Either way, you'll probably end up replacing them due to age rather than wearing them out (though I'd love to see people wearing out their street tires from too many miles driven enjoying the car)!

I'd check with the folks at the Tire Rack for their recommendation. They seem to be very honest in their advice, and have good pricing as well. The 165R15 size is the original size, so there should be no fitment issues with either tire.
Dave_Darling
horizontally-opposed bought the Vreds. I don't know if his car is running at the moment, though.

--DD
70Sixter
Pete Stout in Excellence did a little piece on them. and he was very happy with the old tire built to modern high performance standards on his 914 "fun car."

I do not remember if he went with 165-15 or 185/70-15s. Okay I checked - it was April 09 issue, and they were 185/70-15s.

He was "impressed...was sweeter,keener steering...grip well...great feedback...."

They will be my next tire. Cokers are just too expensive.
tod914
Good deal, thanks guys. Tom posted some links in concours forums on old remanufactured tires. Some are just way too pricey. I'm heading over to Eurotire tomorrow and so I can compare them. I'll let you all know what I come home with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.