Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT scissor lift installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
I just saw this on a garage forum and had to post it. The lifts lower flush with the floor. Beutiful job!!
PRS914-6
I did basically the same but with a different lift. Same results though.
Lift Installation
Finished Shop
Elliot Cannon
Fully retracted.
EdwardBlume
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif

WHy do other people have cool things that I need?
busmech
I don't think I would raise the car anymore though.
McMark
I've admired Paul's setup. Can't wait to see it in person tomorrow.
biosurfer1
Is it the camera angle or does someone need a level when runing that conduit to the J boxes??
ConeDodger
Add a pretty complete machine shop and take away the tile and you have Paul's set-up... I do like it though. I have a giant crack down the center of my garage and when I fix it, Paul's old lift, my new one will go level with the floor...
ArtechnikA
I believe (hope...) there must be a mechanical stop that keeps the lifts from sagging while extended, but what scares the sh!t outta me is the possibility of one side failing while going up or down... is there some kind of cross-check interlock that keeps you from dumping your car on its side ?
PRS914-6
I can't speak for the one pictured but on mine, the two sides are connected with a torsion bar and a one side failure won't be catastrophic. In addition there is ratcheting mechanical stop about every 6 inches. Air pressure lifts the mechanical stops on the way down.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Jun 27 2009, 10:22 PM) *

Is it the camera angle or does someone need a level when runing that conduit to the J boxes??

It's not the conduit. The door's a funny shape ....................

The Cap'n
tomeric914
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Jun 27 2009, 10:47 PM) *

Lift Installation
Finished Shop

I've got to redo my garage floor anyways so this could be a possibility. What did you do for a drain? Would suck to have a lift under water.
Mark Henry
I have the plans and all of the small (pivots, pins, rollers and laser cut steel) parts for a 4X8' 8000lbs scissor table (just under a 7' rise). I just need the big steel and the hydraulics. I want to modify the table so that it can double as a car lift but also remain a table. plus like these sink it into the floor.

I don't need 8000lbs...so I've thought about reducing the size (and cost) of it, but I'm no engineer....
The project has only been on hold for 8 years, just need the time and money to do it.

It would look just like this (but bigger) if I left it the way of the plans.
http://www.autoliftuk.com/product_list.php...=online&tp=
PRS914-6
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Jun 29 2009, 08:10 AM) *

QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Jun 27 2009, 10:47 PM) *

Lift Installation
Finished Shop

I've got to redo my garage floor anyways so this could be a possibility. What did you do for a drain? Would suck to have a lift under water.

If I lived in a high water area, I would install a pit in the cross channel with a small sump pump and plumb out the discharge out the control panel trench.. In my case, when I finished the concrete, I troweled a slope in the cross channel so the water would settle there and I just use my wet/dry vac to get it out. I only need to do that a couple of times a year.
charliew
I guess the deal is these lifts dissappear when not in use? That seems pretty neat. I also guess they will cost more to buy and put in even if you do it yourself. Also does a short wheelbase car fit on all of them or is that a spec that needs to be considered?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.