Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eibach Springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
I have Eibach Springs from a 914 rear / Koni adj, setup and even though I have the part numbers, I can't find out any info on the Eibach website. Anyone have Eibach rear springs, or know where I can find out what spring rates these things are??

Thanks,R
Michael N
These are on my car.

0800 = 8" ; 225 = 2.25" ; 0200 = 200lbs

Click to view attachment

Think I saved some weight?
Click to view attachment

EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Michael N @ Jun 27 2009, 11:10 PM) *

These are on my car.

0800 = 8" ; 225 = 2.25" ; 0200 = 200lbs

Click to view attachment

Think I saved some weight?
Click to view attachment

Thanks so much!!!

Mine are 1000.250.0100. and the upper perches are garbage, but the adjustable Konis inside them are on adjustable lower perches! cheer.gif
SirAndy
shades.gif Andy
dw914er
Eibach springs are well known through the import community for quality products.
J P Stein
Cheep SOBs like me use Coleman's house brand. @ 50-55 bucks a pop you can afford to experiment some.....none of that high zoot stuff here. biggrin.gif
CliffBraun
The eibachs are NOT expensive at all, I've got a pair of 12" 175lb/in (I think) ones sitting four feet from me because they were too long. Not sure what's going to come of them.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 28 2009, 10:12 AM) *

Cheep SOBs like me use Coleman's house brand. @ 50-55 bucks a pop you can afford to experiment some.....none of that high zoot stuff here. biggrin.gif

tooth.gif Dig the NW economics teef.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 28 2009, 02:50 PM) *

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 28 2009, 10:12 AM) *

tooth.gif Dig the NW economics teef.gif

Yeah, I order the house White too.

A price hike, now they're 60 bucks a pop....or you can get Hyper Coils from Coleman for 96 each.....them's high zoot.

I've bought several sets of springs or various strength over the years, 140, 180, 200, 225, 250, 275, 300. Do the math.
I still have only the last 2 sets. It would have been great to just have gone to 275s from the gitgo. I recken I ain't too smart. blink.gif
EdwardBlume
Now you're just bragging. In your opinion, what's a good spring rate for my AX sled? Also what height?
J P Stein
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 28 2009, 09:34 PM) *

Now you're just bragging. In your opinion, what's a good spring rate for my AX sled? Also what height?

What size front T bars do you have?

There is a balance point (springwise) front to rear that will put your front AR bar around half hard and give you what you want for handling at AX. an inch or so of movement fwd or back on the AR bar then gives you more front or rear grip. This assumes there is no rear AR bar.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 29 2009, 05:54 AM) *

There is a balance point (springwise) front to rear that will put your front AR bar around half hard and give you what you want for handling at AX. an inch or so of movement fwd or back on the AR bar then gives you more front or rear grip. This assumes there is no rear AR bar.

I'm not sure what the front t bars are, but I can tell you the car feels like a dog with its butt in the air going around the fence...
Randal
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 29 2009, 08:27 AM) *

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 29 2009, 05:54 AM) *

I'm not sure what the front t bars are, but I can tell you the car feels like a dog with its butt in the air going around the fence...

100lbs in the back. Ummmm.... Are you sure someone didn't sneek in and change those in the middle of the night?

As JP said, figure out what sway bar you have in front, then match the back. You ought to look at the Smart Racing set up for the front....

My guess is that you'll need 250-275's at a minimum back there - to lose the fence routine.

8 inchers get you closer to the ground.

PS

You might have to machine part of the thread off the adjustable perches to make everything work correctly with the shorter springs. I'll have to take a picture of mine and send it along.

EdwardBlume
Thanks Randal.

The 100 lb springs are off a street car....

Maybe Grant remembers what size his torsion bars are... I think he said they were 300 lb springs on the back...

I just want it set up neutral and low..
CliffBraun
My car is the stock 911 SC torsion bars in the front, 175 lb/in springs in the rear on adjustable collars. Then I have the tarett swaybar in the front and the weltmeister in the rear. The car stays flat like nothing else. Rear end likes to come out a tiny bit, but in a very manageable fashion.

I'm a big fan of the rear bar, it stops the car from trying to pick up wheels.
J P Stein
If Marina was my primary venue, I would go low & stiff.....go kart like.
It seemed to me you don't need suspension there as it is so smooth.
My car with 21mm T bars & 275 rear springs was too soft & high there.

As I see it, you may have push problems at turn in with that clutch type LSD.
That being the case, the only way to fix that is replace it with a TB diff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.