Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TDC mark on Raby motor...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stepuptotheMike
I'm trying to put a Mallory dizzy in my Raby motor. Trying to make sure that I have TDC on #1 without having to resort to a chopstick chairfall.gif

On my impeller there is a nice paint mark on one of the fins which I"m assuming is the timing mark. It lines up perfectly with the rotor when pointing to the #1 wire terminal. Spun a little ways past that, I have what look like 2 dots side by side (..)

You fellow Raby owners, is that the TDC #1 mark?

Thanks much!!

Mike
VaccaRabite
You are at TDC when the piston is at the top of the cylinder and the valves are both closed.

The mark on the flywheel and fan will appear twice per cycle. If the vlaves are not bothe closed, though, you will be 180 off and blow some bitch'n fireballs out your carbs.

Zach
jsayre914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jun 28 2009, 08:18 PM) *

, you will be 180 off and blow some bitch'n fireballs out your carbs.

Zach

happy11.gif I would pay to see that. (not on your motor of course)
VaccaRabite
My point was more: Don't assume. (though I *HAVE* blown fireballs out of my carbs from being 180 out.)

At least the first time, use a straw (not chopsticks!) to locate TDC and make sure the valves are closed. Then look to see if the mark you think is TDC on the fan really is.

Zach
904svo
QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Jun 28 2009, 02:55 PM) *

I'm trying to put a Mallory dizzy in my Raby motor. Trying to make sure that I have TDC on #1 without having to resort to a chopstick chairfall.gif

On my impeller there is a nice paint mark on one of the fins which I"m assuming is the timing mark. It lines up perfectly with the rotor when pointing to the #1 wire terminal. Spun a little ways past that, I have what look like 2 dots side by side (..)

You fellow Raby owners, is that the TDC #1 mark?

Thanks much!!

Mike

PM bam914 he will give you your answer.
stepuptotheMike
I was finally able to locate it. What I had initially been looking at are balancing drill outs (assuming on that).

Got out the white paint and freshened up the mark. Now just a little wiring work to get buttoned up and I'll fire this thing up. But that will have to wait for another day.

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.