Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - but has legit 914 content
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aircooledtechguy
Finally(!) after pushing it aside for months at a time, almost giving up and going to carbs, banging my head against the wall modding the ECU, hoping the wiring was close, it's done, installed and alive!!!! My shop car, a slightly lowered '67 VW Squareback known as "The ProVolks Road Cow" has a new heart. A '73 Porsche 914 2.0L running MS2 w/ EDIS and WBO2.

The engine compartment:
IPB Image

The wiring under the back seat:
IPB Image

I had Vedron from www.spitfireefi.com (a local Bellingham, WA tuner) check my work on all the mods to the V2.2 board and while he was at it loaded some known good VE, spark tables and basic engine parameters from his assortment and wide tuning experience to get me started. They must be really close cause it runs and drives pretty nice as it is. More tuning will obviously be needed to get things perfect, but I'm amazed at how smoothly it idles and revs and runs down the street.

Had some initial starting issues (no pulsing of the injectors or spark at the plugs). After swapping the VR sensor wires (to get that all working) and then swapping the A & B coil wires (because it was firing 180 out), she fired right up and idled smooth. I couldn't be more amazed. . .

Now on to fine tuning. . . Then I need to pull it all apart to powder coat all the tins, plenum and runners and clean-up the wiring to make it all presentable.

Just had to share! WOO HOO!! piratenanner.gif
ghuff
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jun 29 2009, 06:56 PM) *

Finally(!) after pushing it aside for months at a time, almost giving up and going to carbs, banging my head against the wall modding the ECU, hoping the wiring was close, it's done, installed and alive!!!! My shop car, a slightly lowered '67 VW Squareback known as "The ProVolks Road Cow" has a new heart. A '73 Porsche 914 2.0L running MS2 w/ EDIS and WBO2.

The engine compartment:
IPB Image

The wiring under the back seat:
IPB Image

I had Vedron from www.spitfireefi.com (a local Bellingham, WA tuner) check my work on all the mods to the V2.2 board and while he was at it loaded some known good VE, spark tables and basic engine parameters from his assortment and wide tuning experience to get me started. They must be really close cause it runs and drives pretty nice as it is. More tuning will obviously be needed to get things perfect, but I'm amazed at how smoothly it idles and revs and runs down the street.

Had some initial starting issues (no pulsing of the injectors or spark at the plugs). After swapping the VR sensor wires (to get that all working) and then swapping the A & B coil wires (because it was firing 180 out), she fired right up and idled smooth. I couldn't be more amazed. . .

Now on to fine tuning. . . Then I need to pull it all apart to powder coat all the tins, plenum and runners and clean-up the wiring to make it all presentable.

Just had to share! WOO HOO!! piratenanner.gif

Nice , my 914 is getting an MS with hopefully the hot-spark hall sensor, I need to see if it works like a bosch unit so I can use it with MS instead of EDIS even though EDIS and a crank trigger is NICE!

(Had a megasquirted scirocco, fuck cis!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.