Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: interiors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
timofly
I have a 74 914-4 that is Phoenix Red (looks orange to me, but...) that seems tom have had a dark brown interior. Is this original? I need only a right door inner panel to make it complete, but all I seem to find is the tan.

Anybody have a dark brown passenger door panel, and photos of the dark brown interior? Was is all brown, or did it use black arm rests?

??? Thanks!
smg914
This is how it should look with brown interior.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(smg914 @ Jun 29 2009, 09:57 PM) *

beautiful brown interior!!!!!! available in black brown and tan.
smg914
Thank you Doctor!
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(smg914 @ Jun 29 2009, 10:57 PM) *

Steve,

Your 914 is such a rarity! Such a beauty!

Many of our forum members are ignorant of the special place your 914 holds, and I think that's a real shame.

Would you grace use with a full history of this wonderful 914, under a separate post? I know what you're thinking - "aww c'mon, it's just a nice 914 that I've taken care of through the years, nothing special". Wrong. It's historic.

The whole forum is open to you. I beg you to open this 914 up to the newer members. Needs to be done.
Pat
smg914
Pat,
Thank you very much for the positive comments. I assume you're referring to the Strenger car and not the Beige car. Although the Beige car is rather unique and falls into the time capsule category, the story of the Strenger GT needs to be known and I promise you that the history of this car will be told.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(smg914 @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 PM) *

Pat,
Thank you very much for the positive comments. I assume you're referring to the Strenger car and not the Beige car. Although the Beige car is rather unique and falls into the time capsule category, the story of the Strenger GT needs to be known and I promise you that the history of this car will be told.

when?
Porsche Rescue
I would love to read a full illustrated biography of the beige car, please.
Ferg
agree.gif on both cars.
Pat Garvey
We're waiting!!!???
Pat
Cairo94507
Steve- The brown interior in your 914 is beautiful and I have loved 914's (owned 4 over the years, 3 were 6's) since they came out. Thanks for the pictures.
smg914
Sorry for being so slow to respond guys. My wife and I were in Aruba and just got home about 40 minutes ago.

Thanks for the interest in the beige car. I will attemp to put the story together soon. As for the Strenger car, I hope to tell this story very soon.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(smg914 @ Jul 13 2009, 12:37 AM) *

Sorry for being so slow to respond guys. My wife and I were in Aruba and just got home about 40 minutes ago.

Thanks for the interest in the beige car. I will attemp to put the story together soon. As for the Strenger car, I hope to tell this story very soon.

And????
smg914
Pat,
Thank you for not forgetting about my promise. I swear I didn't forget either. In fact, I wrote an article about the Strenger GT which totally consumed my life while I was writing it. It ended up being a 4,500 word article which was way too long. After a couple of hundred proof reads and deletions I was able to consolidate it down to 3,300 words. I submitted the article to a car magazine and I hope that some day in the near future it will get published. So for now we will have to be patient and keep our fingers crossed that they feel the story is worthy of its readership. I will certainly alert everyone if and when it gets published.

As for the Sahara Beige car.....
Well I still need some more time to recover from the Strenger GT article. I guess the anal purist in me came out and I got totally involved in the article. I would lie in bed at night and I could visualize the entire article in my head (nearly word for word). I now have a real respect for editors and authors. After I recover and if everything works out with the Strenger GT article, maybe I’ll write an article on the S.B. car and submit it for possible publication. I have to admit, it did enjoy the process.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(smg914 @ Sep 2 2009, 11:30 PM) *

Pat,
Thank you for not forgetting about my promise. I swear I didn't forget either. In fact, I wrote an article about the Strenger GT which totally consumed my life while I was writing it. It ended up being a 4,500 word article which was way too long. After a couple of hundred proof reads and deletions I was able to consolidate it down to 3,300 words. I submitted the article to a car magazine and I hope that some day in the near future it will get published. So for now we will have to be patient and keep our fingers crossed that they feel the story is worthy of its readership. I will certainly alert everyone if and when it gets published.

As for the Sahara Beige car.....
Well I still need some more time to recover from the Strenger GT article. I guess the anal purist in me came out and I got totally involved in the article. I would lie in bed at night and I could visualize the entire article in my head (nearly word for word). I now have a real respect for editors and authors. After I recover and if everything works out with the Strenger GT article, maybe I’ll write an article on the S.B. car and submit it for possible publication. I have to admit, it did enjoy the process.

And we will wait, though some of us wish for expediency.
Pat
jcb29
Beautiful car and great photos.

My '75 2.0 has a white interior. I have not seen or read any description of white being a factory interior color. Is mine an aftermarket change-up?

Thanks for your comments.
914runnow
Yezzzzzzzzz white for 75..BUT is the carpet 'Plush'..?
OEM..white is Kooooool..!
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(jcb29 @ May 11 2010, 08:15 PM) *

Beautiful car and great photos.

My '75 2.0 has a white interior. I have not seen or read any description of white being a factory interior color. Is mine an aftermarket change-up?

Thanks for your comments.

There was (as I recall) a white (ivory?) interior option available - like I said "as I recall". But the seat tops look strange, and I'm also not certain about the door panels. Looks nice though.
Pat
jcb29
In the hot Texas sun WHITE is definitely cool. Peaking under some corners and edges there does not seem to be any residual evidence of a previous installation. It does need some cleaning and minor repair. Hmmmmm - I've always liked the look of the TAN interior with a RED exterior. The carpet is a typical Teutonic tight looped pile with all the appropriate edge and cutout reinforcements. I have not, however, compared it with the carpet in other 914s. The woven colors are light & medium TAN which gives it a "textured" look.

Thanks again for your comments. This is an ongoing project as I bring Scooter back to life.
smg914
White vinyl basketweave seats and door panels with a smooth white vinyl back pad or seats with white corduroy inserts were available for 1975 and 1976 914s.
jcb29
Thanks for the confirmation that mine is not an oddity. I have the white vinyl basket-weave seats and door panels with a smooth white vinyl back pad. A note - the top molding on the doors is smooth white vinyl.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.