Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Latched Front Trunk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
924GTS
OK, I've bee working on my 914 and I went to open the front trunk this afternooon and It would appears that the cable has broken. I have been searching the forums for a solution, but I haven't yet been able to find out how to open it. It can't be that uncommon of a problem. Could someone please lend a hand or point me twards the post taht discusses how to open it?
tod914
If the cable snapped by the pull handle, you should be able to get some vise grips on the snapped cable to open it. If it's from the latch side, not sure how you approach that. I'm not sure what if any access you would have by the bumper.
tradisrad
you can remove the front bumper and get to the latch and easily open it.
924GTS
Thank you!!! Now all I have to do is go get some tools, I uh placed them in the trunk before I closed it.
924GTS
Please forgive the SAQ. Bumper off, and I am staring at three nuts that look to be welded to the sheet metal. Are they welded in place? Do I try to drill them out? Inquiring minds want to know.
jaxdream
Great you're about there , in the middle there is a little rubber plug that you carefully pry out , screwdriver , scratch awl , slide a slotted screwdriver in and lever the latch open. The factory provided this arrangement just in case the cable broke , this is for the front trunk . piratenanner.gif

Jaxdream
r_towle
Now,
When you finally get it open...look at the routing of the cable.

the fix for the 356 and the boxster is to add an extra piece of piano wire that is a backup...so you dont need to remove the bumper.
Run the wire out a hole into the drivers side fender...just make a loop on the end and leave it there just in case.

Rich
924GTS
You guys are awsome! Thank you very much!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.