Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Parade 2009
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orthobiz
Basically NO 914's in the restoration/preservation classes. A nice Patrick Motorsport in the race class. And that was IT!!! I guess I could have driven up, left all the bugs intact and took first place.

Met up with my new buds, great hanging out with the 914world contingent. Thanks guys!

74 hot rod...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Ferg in the paddock...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

914 in the paddock...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I saw more 914's at Scott's place.

Paul
orthobiz
The guys:

Me, Scott, Kevin, Mike, Mike, Ron (I think I got the names right). Lars and his wife were in the BBQ Parade post from yesterday, no new pic.

Click to view attachment

Paul
Lavanaut
I'd like to know more about the red car....factory six? idea.gif
URY914
Just wait. A 914 will win the a/x.
orthobiz
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jun 30 2009, 10:41 PM) *

I'd like to know more about the red car....factory six? idea.gif

Owner wasn't there but it had the throttle lever and the fixed passenger seat and the rear valance with the hole in it is factory, no? I think it was factory. Judging from avatars, it's probably 6freak's car!

Paul
Gint
The red six is 6freak's car. Apparently he was at Scott's place earlier in the day Monday, but I never meet him.

QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jun 30 2009, 05:53 PM) *
The guys:

Me, Scott, Kevin, Mike, Mike, Ron (I think I got the names right). Lars and his wife were in the BBQ Parade post from yesterday, no new pic.

Click to view attachment

Paul

There's a crew...
championgt1
agree.gif Mikes car. Original six. VERY NICE! Mike you should have entered.

Click to view attachment
Ferg
Great Times everyone! beerchug.gif Scott was a great host, thanks again.

I have TONS of pics that need to be downloaded.

Ferg
Scott S
I really had a good time. After all of the issues Paul had with the 911 over-charging, we were all shocked when he came walking in the door after pulling off a 20 hour straight drive in a rental car!! Weather was perfect, and I had a great time hanging with everyone. Lee (mountain914) even made a surprise appearance – he drove up just to have lunch (and drop off BAGS of home-made cookies that might as well have been laced with heroine they were so addictive/fantastic). I was at the concour by 6:45 -7am and was back at the house by 9:15.

I have over a 150 pics – but they are of primarily the same 10-20 cars (and a couple of tractors). I expected more “Ferg” cars in the corral. Mike C’s six was truly beautiful – it may have the nicest interior I have ever seen. The show had some really great stuff. I was a bit put off that for every really great car, there were 5 to 10 silver boxters, 996’s – or even Cayenne’s. Nice clean cars, but boring. I did love the fact that one of the greatest 356’s I have ever seen was a total bastard hack job as far as concour rules go. It was fantastic – and prominently parked in the very front row of the concour cars. That must have driven the 356 guys nuts!

Other than getting to see some of the ultra rare stuff, I think I enjoy multi-marque car shows more due to the diversity.

Thanks to everyone for a great couple of days!! I will get my pics downloaded and posted at some point. beerchug.gif

J P Stein
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Jul 1 2009, 09:22 AM) *

Thanks to everyone for a great couple of days!! I will get my pics downloaded and posted at some point. beerchug.gif

Good job.....thus far.
You now need to keep us AX guys happy with a report & pics. biggrin.gif
Scott S
Here is one, just to give an idea on perfect the weather was...
Ferg
Few of my favorites...

rut row raggy, somethings, fubared at kodackgallery... may have to wait till next week.
shelby/914
]A few random pix from the parade. Like the rest of the group was really bummed about only two 914s in the show. We had three parked at Scottys Mondy night for the bbq.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Kelly was entered but withdrew at the late minute. He couldn't his $ 300.00 entry fee back. They should have just sent him the trophy. smilie_pokal.gif
Ferg
First, the drive to the event did not suck aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Neither did the Scott's House!!! Thanks Scott!!!!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Ferg
Now, this is my first Parade, but it's hard to imagine a better setting...

Click to view attachment

GT1 this was a first for me aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment

75 RSR, drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif
Click to view attachment

Ferg
Cute vented butt huh.gif

Click to view attachment

They fired this up, very cool aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment

I still don't like yellow, that is unless it's signal yellow on this car driving.gif

Click to view attachment

Twin Plug 2.7 drooley.gif

Click to view attachment
Ferg
87 930, This thing had 153k on the clock... 5 years of time and $$$$$ made it THE most impressive restored car I've ever seen.

Plust I LOVE Marble Grey, It's my new favorite color.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I could go on and on about this car, it was beyond even Ferg standards. Needs to be driven though.
GeorgeRud
That's the problem with the cars that are prepared for concours, they really cannot be driven without ruining all the preparation. I have the utmost respect for those that put in the long, exhausting hours to prep a car to those standards, but it doesn't take much of a drive or weather change to make it all go away.
tod914
I couldn't imagine prepping a car for full concours. That undercarriage would be a back breaker. Nice photos, thanks for shareing. Picture perfect day.
J P Stein
Do we get an autocross report or do we have to wait till it comes out in Pano?
john rogers
There are several full concours weenies in the San Diego area and one has won the parade several times with their 356 restoration. They start on it in Feb or March and the car is in an actual clean room with filtered air and the workers actually wear clean suits! I heard it takes a week to get the room clean to just start work and when the car is finished the trailer is also sealed and the car is loaded on a windless day so there is no dust! Yikes! Now though they at least have to drive the car onto the display field and the judges expect to see grass on the wheels! Whew!

At the last parade in San Diego one of the 356 owners had just installed a new top (NOS from a factory package) on his cabrio and it had wrinkles and I guess a couple of the judges didn't like that so he pulled out another brand new top that he had bought at the same time, opened it right up and dammed it there weren't wrinkles in that one too! He won!
naro914
Hey,
wish I had known there were a bunch of 914world guys here. Been here all week and I WISH I HAD MY CAR!!!

Oh, and yes.....914 won the autocross by a lot. I think his name is Leeds Gullick? Very nice white 914 (don't have pics), but he beat the next fastest time by 5 seconds!!! Most 'fast' cars were in the low 60 sec range, a few broke under 60.... Leeds was 53 secs! Wow.
J P Stein
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 3 2009, 11:56 PM) *

Hey,
wish I had known there were a bunch of 914world guys here. Been here all week and I WISH I HAD MY CAR!!!

Oh, and yes.....914 won the autocross by a lot. I think his name is Leeds Gullick? Very nice white 914 (don't have pics), but he beat the next fastest time by 5 seconds!!! Most 'fast' cars were in the low 60 sec range, a few broke under 60.... Leeds was 53 secs! Wow.

Thank you.

Leeds is from NWR . He laid a whuppin' on us a couple weeks back.....by about .8 sec. That car is one trick pony. 5 seconds.... wacko.gif
chris914
Here is another picture of a 914 on the course.

Click to view attachment
naro914
Here's Leeds hitting a cone at Parade. oops...
chris914
Maybe we all could meet sometime today. I’m going to the volunteer‘s lunch at 11.

QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 3 2009, 10:56 PM) *

Hey,

Mountain914
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Jul 1 2009, 10:22 AM) *

Lee (mountain914) even made a surprise appearance – he drove up just to have lunch (and drop off BAGS of home-made cookies that might as well have been laced with heroine they were so addictive/fantastic).

Oh - you discovered Jennifers secret cookie ingredient! stirthepot.gif unsure.gif w00t.gif

Scott, you are an awesome host and make a good burger! Jennifer and I really appreciated it!

Here is another pic of Leeds at the tech tent.
Gint
QUOTE(Mountain914 @ Jul 4 2009, 10:26 AM) *
Oh - you discovered Jennifers secret cookie ingredient! stirthepot.gif unsure.gif w00t.gif

Thanks for the cookies Lee! I polished off a few or 5 or so myself.
chris914
Final Results - Porsche Parade 2009

http://www.porscheparade2009.com/content/postimpound_fin.htm
majkos
QUOTE(Gint @ Jul 4 2009, 11:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Mountain914 @ Jul 4 2009, 10:26 AM) *

Thanks for the cookies Lee! I polished off a few or 5 or so myself.

He's all smile THAT day!

Lee, major sorry to have missed ya, and the COOKIES! aktion035.gif
Rand
Anyone know of any more info or pics online of Leeds car?
naro914
He was too fast to get a picture of.. smile.gif

Try http://www.porscheparade2009.com/
6freak
[quote name='orthobiz' date='Jun 30 2009, 05:51 PM' post='1187166']
Basically NO 914's in the restoration/preservation classes.

If i would have entered my car the would have put me in with the 911`s because it was only me ...It takes three or more to have a class.........Like in Portland there was three 914`s which was good because i won people choice that year (06)..They didnt have a vote for the cars in the corral this year ..If they did i just mite have won that as well?? along with AX PO-6 class you can see my time slip is on one of the links here...Didnt win by a ton like Leeds but all it takes is a blink
J P Stein
QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 9 2009, 02:46 PM) *

Anyone know of any more info or pics online of Leeds car?

My hands would cramp up from typing a list of the stuff on that car.
It is an all out racer built to class. It took the F Prepared class at the SCCA AX Nationals 2 years running. Only one other pic from me. It was in Excellence several years back. Dunno when, but prior to 1996.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.