Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Clear Gas"...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
montoya 73 2.0
I've used it now for about a month and the stock 73 is running decent! The price here is 3.19 a gallon and I'm getting about another 4 - 5 miles.

There is one thing thats happening now, Almost like the motor "misses" every now and then? confused24.gif Happens very seldom but it never did before.
hydroliftin
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jul 2 2009, 04:05 PM) *

I've used it now for about a month and the stock 73 is running decent! The price here is 3.19 a gallon and I'm getting about another 4 - 5 miles.

There is one thing thats happening now, Almost like the motor "misses" every now and then? confused24.gif Happens very seldom but it never did before.

Here in California we have no choice. It all has ethonol in it.
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Jul 2 2009, 04:23 PM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jul 2 2009, 04:05 PM) *

Here in California we have no choice. It all has ethonol in it.

Well, the truth be told there is a nice little sticker on the pump that says it's intended for "off road" use only. I don't understand that because it's being taxed the same as the other gas? If some of the taxes for this "off-road" only gas, are being used for the roads than why can't I use it on the roads? I just have my two 5 gallon cans filled and there you go.
tat2dphreak
clear gas has no additives that reduce emissions, and no ethanol. hence the "off-road only"
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 2 2009, 04:40 PM) *

clear gas has no additives that reduce emissions, and no ethanol. hence the "off-road only"

I understand that, but if there taxing it as if it were for on-road use than WTF.gif Sorry, just venting. I have read in some articles that boaters, antique car owners and pilots are allowed to use clear gas.
orange914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 2 2009, 03:40 PM) *

clear gas has no additives that reduce emissions, and no ethanol.

what IS it???
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(orange914 @ Jul 3 2009, 02:12 AM) *

what IS it???

I want to know that too.
hcdmueller
The gas I have been using in Germany looks like water. It doesn't smell as bad as the stuff in the states either. It must not have as many additives as the US.
r_towle
I have been noticing that the new fuel is creating alot of issues.

Lots of build up in the valves, killing Cats, killing 02 sensors.
It seems very dirty.

I would really like to go back to NO ethanol...and get all the shit out of the gas...

Rich
tat2dphreak

what IS it???

it's normal gas, 100 octane, but has No additives, preservatives, cleaning agents, and no ethanol... 1/3 less calories, less sodium too I'm sure...

remember "pepsi clear" this is the gas version... the pepsi just tasted like shit. this makes cars run like shit.. .you'll buildup more carbon, faster and increase your emissions.

check your plugs?
montoya 73 2.0
Oh damn, I'll check my plugs. My chain saw (after rebuilding it due to the ethanol), Weed whacker, lawn mower and snow thrower runs great on the stuff!

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 3 2009, 04:14 PM) *

what IS it???

it's normal gas, 100 octane, but has No additives, preservatives, cleaning agents, and no ethanol... 1/3 less calories, less sodium too I'm sure...

remember "pepsi clear" this is the gas version... the pepsi just tasted like shit. this makes cars run like shit.. .you'll buildup more carbon, faster and increase your emissions.

check your plugs?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.