Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 1.8L exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mike_the_man
Hi all,

It looks like I'm in the market for a exhaust for a 1.8L. Ideally I'd like a Monza or a Bursch, but the cheaper the better, so I'll take what ever I can get. Let me know if anyone has anything they'd be interested in parting with.

Cheers,

Mike
HAM Inc
I have a slightly used stock 1.8 muffler. It's in really good shape. My Dad's shop installed it new 5 years or so ago. The customer parked the car shortly (very shortly!) after when the shift linkage disentegrated and he wiped out 1st gear. I bought the car and turned it into an SCCA F-Prod racer, so I don't need the muffler.

If you're interested I'll post a photo or two and you can make me an offer.
mike_the_man
Some pics would be great! Any idea on the price range you'd be looking at? The stock mufflers seem to be pretty pricey when new, so depending on what you're looking for, it might be a little out of my price range at the moment.

Thanks,

QUOTE(HAM Inc @ Jul 4 2009, 10:33 AM) *

I have a slightly used stock 1.8 muffler. It's in really good shape. My Dad's shop installed it new 5 years or so ago. The customer parked the car shortly (very shortly!) after when the shift linkage disentegrated and he wiped out 1st gear. I bought the car and turned it into an SCCA F-Prod racer, so I don't need the muffler.

If you're interested I'll post a photo or two and you can make me an offer.

JeffBowlsby
Which year 1.8L Mike? I have a good Bursch exhaust FS for the 1975-76 cars FS. It fits both the 1.8L and 2.0L for those years, but it wont fit the 1974 1.8L. If interested, email me directly for photos at jeff-dot-bowlsby-at-sbcglobal.net
HAM Inc
Mike mine came off a 74 1.8 If that is what you're looking for let me know. I'll get some photos posted. I have a machine being shipped in today and may not be able to get them up right away, but I think I can get them posted by Tues.
Len
mattp
I have a practically new bursch that I put on my 75 1.8 and took off a month later when I built an engine for it. I will try to upload photos later. I would take $100
mike_the_man
Thanks all,

I guess I should have mentioned that it's a 1974 1.8L, so I think that rules out Jeff and mattp. Thanks for the offers guys.

Len, I'd be interested in some pics when ever you get a chance.

Thanks,

Mike
HAM Inc
Click to view attachmentHere's a pic Mike. how does $100.00 + shipping sound?
mike_the_man
Thanks Len,

I think I have a line on a cheaper muffler (yours looks to be in better shape, but I'm on a pretty tight budget here), so don't hold it for me if any one else wants it. If my deal falls though and you still have it, I'll be in touch.

Thanks!
HAM Inc
No sweat Mike, I understand. Hope you can find something that suits your needs and your budget. I'll slide this one back in it's corner for while. If I don't hear from you eventually I'll pull it out and post it for sale, if I don't forget about it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.