Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 Muffler/HE Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
The heat exchanger thread reminded me of this. Do any of you know if there is a stock 2.0 style muffler available fo the 1.7 heat exchanger? My car came with stainless 1.7 exchangers, and I really want to build a twin outlet 914-6GT style muffler for it. I want it RSR style that had three tips where you could cap off either the two "sport" outlets or the stock outlet. I thought cutting up the 2.0 style canister would be the most correct looking.
Any Ideas?
Thanks All -
Scott S
brant
I hate when my ignorance shows through...
did the 1.7's not have a sausage style muffler?

scott.. what about replacing your HE's with 2.0 ones?

brant
Scott S
Hi brant -
My exchangers are in new condition, so it would hurt a bit to replace them for a muffler upgrade. i don't know if there was a 1.7 sausage muffler either. if so, that would be ideal!
driver66
not real sure ,but, isnt there a monza 4 tip exhaust that will mount to the 1.7
brant
bump for scott... and curiousity..

Did the 1.7's come with a sausage muffler...
anybody have a very nice one to get rid of?
steve@ottosvenice.com
No they had a Vee Dub bus looking muffler actually its a 411 muffler. Scot have the HE cut and weld on a Y so it will have a single flange on both side then run a 911 mffler. you will need to fab a muffler hanger up or mod yours. Steve
steve@ottosvenice.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.