Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Parts Coming from Porsche
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
One of the items listed is the factory gearshift knob for the 911/914 901 5 speed. I wonder what the price will be?
r_towle
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 3 2009, 02:37 PM) *

One of the items listed is the factory gearshift knob for the 911/914 901 5 speed. I wonder what the price will be?

This is like history repeating itself.

Porsche did this same thing for the 356...it must be a cycle of stupidity in germany.

So they go off and start making all these parts for the 356..then when they realise that they made to many, or the guy who started the group retires, or they finally look at the bottom line financials......they give up.

they ended up selling the "porsche classic" parts business to a combination of Stoddards and NLA. These two firms eventually merged back again (long story)

Now we are here again, but they are probably looking at the early 911 market (which is not served very well for parts) and the 914 (which has better parts service currently)

So, if they do this, and start making parts, my bet would be its a 5-10 year at most business model..I bet it will be more like 2-3 years at most.
Then someone like George will get the spoils and buy everything from Porsche.

So, get them while you can.

Rich
Rav914
Nothing like going bankrupt to make you a little humble and look at all avenues to make money.
Cap'n Krusty
Speaking of looking for a job..............................

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aIueNwOyL3cM

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.