Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vacuum Line Help Please - desmogged '75 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
poorsche914
I removed the smog rails from my 2.0, blocked the air pipes with caps, and reattached all the vacuum lines - used the diagram for '73-'74 2.0 that is available here or on PP or ???. Anyway, car idles fine but loses power around 3k and backfires on decel. I do have a bit of an exhaust leak at the heads (new gaskets ordered)

Just wanted to verify that I have the vac lines hooked up correctly. Once I know that I plan to get all new lines as well as get rid of any exhaust leaks.

Click on picture for larger image.

IPB Image

TIA.
mipstien
as i now have the car i am interested in this ^^^
detoxcowboy
Click to view attachment
mipstien
thank you!
Dave_Darling
One thing to note: Since that diagram was made, we have come to the conclusion that the larger hoses (colored blue on that diagram) to the Decel Valve need to be swapped; the one plugged into the side of the DV should go to the air cleaner, and the one plugged into the back of the DV to the manifold.

--DD
mipstien
any chance someone could take a top down picture of there engine. im trying to sorta cross the 2 pictures but i can't figure out what tubes are on what cause a 2d picture is hard to view a 3d image wink.gif
poorsche914
Try that swap Dave_Darling suggested because I know I had them hooked up as in the diagram.
mipstien
you had them hooked up correctly. as in the way he explained.
actually the picture you posted is correct even.
JeffBowlsby
biggrin.gif
mipstien
awesome, ill print this out later and have a go at it when it stops pooring raid sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.