Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: reframe: are all 2.0 TB/tps the same?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
do all years of the 2.0 FI cars have the same throttle bodies and TPS units....

can I bolt on any 2.0 TB/TPS to a 74 2.0 (Djet)?

thanks again
brant
Gint
I emailed this to the local list this morning (minus the image)

PET:
brant
thanks mike...

so is the GAxxxx.xxx part number stamped onto the one in your garage?... and should the replacement that I find have the same number then?

thanks
brant
Gint
I just emailed that also.

I already did. You're not going to like it though. It's not in the 914 PET catalog. It could be some kind of later or superceded part number:

039-133-067
brant
do you think the TB's from the GC cars will work...

(I guess I should ask; all TPS the same for 2.0 cars)

I'm feeling dumb today..
I guess I'll come up with any 2.0 and see if it runs.
tonight I'll check the wiring on the TPS for various years.

b
Gint
If Craig is corrrect, the TPS for 75 and 6 is different, but that's not what PET says.
brant
so all of them have that last part number then...
I'm not remembering what code the early motors are... so is the PET saying they should all be 039 906 111 A ?
is that how you interpret it?

funny that renee also mentioned the different number of connections...

huh....

b
brant
Dave just replied elsewhere that all the DJet TPS's may be the same...

sorry I'm a dunce.. interpret that last PET for me before I become helplessly confused.
b
Gint
That last piece a PET means that all of the 2.0 TPS units are the same part number. According to PET anyway.
Dave_Darling
It says all 2.0s used the same TPS.

It says that the 1.7s used a different TPS.

...OH!! I bet the difference is the way that they plug in. The 1.7 plugs straight into the end, if I recall correctly, and the 2.0 plugs in at an angle to the end.

The throttle bodies may be different, but you can interchange them freely. Use any 2.0 914 TB (or 912E) and it should work just fine.

--DD
JFJ914
QUOTE(Gint @ Mar 5 2004, 01:53 PM)
I already did. You're not going to like it though. It's not in the 914 PET catalog. It could be some kind of later or superceded part number: 039-133-067

I have the same throttle body on my '74, it has one vacuum port for the distributor and the aux return spring.

The Throttle Switch, 039 906 111A, is a Bosch 0 280 120 032.
majkos
wacko.gif Ok,now I'M confuse,my throttle body same's as Brant, but the Pet #'s are different. Type 4?
majkos
Yep,the TPS # are 0 280 120 032,this IS a 2.0?
Bleyseng
The 73 2.0l TB has the vacuum advance port on it the later ones don't. That is the difference.
Gint
Ok,now I'M confuse,my throttle body same's as Brant, but the Pet #'s are different. Type 4?

Kevin, I think you're confusing the throttle body (TB) with the throttle position switch (TPS).
415PB
Brant,
The throttle body I have is part number 039 133 067 with TPS part number 039 906 111 A
JFJ914
Sometimes the P/N on the part is not the same as the PET. I know that the PET cylinder head P/N is different than the P/N cast on the head.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.