Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-1971-6 Factory Porsche on E-Bay(Buyer's Beware)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hey Guys,

Ref: 1971 914-6 Red Porsche on E-Bay out of Concord, CA. Bids are now up to $5K+

I hope this is not one of our 914-6 guy's?? I just want to run the red flag up on the seller's E-Bay discription. Maybe they don't know or maybe they do.

I can't remember who the local MI owner was (maybe Jim C or Tom K) but it was here in MI a long time. I was interested in it because it's a rare 1971-6 and was sitting in a Holland, West MI. car lot in February 2004. They had a hard time selling because it had motor issues and lots of other issues. I passed because it was rough. rough. I am passing this on because the discription is full of stromberg.gif and we need to protect our 914 friends.

I am sure it's a real 1971 914-6, but buyer's beware before you overpay. I don't know how to post the E-Bay thread here so can review what the seller said.

CA born?? Nadda.
69K Milage?? bootyshake.gif
No Rust?? w00t.gif
Etc.?? wacko.gif
Orig Motor?? confused24.gif
Contact the seller for more details, because there is more to the story. type.gif

Here's a couple photo's I took on February 25th. 2004 in Holland MI. I think it sold for somewhere around $10K in 2004 with issues.

Tom
Gustl
here's the eBay link: 140330557076

same car was on eBay a month ago: US $15,655.00 (Reserve not met)

side info:
engine number 6414034 (901/38) - sounds correct
transmission number 7510080 (914/01) - sounds correct

SirAndy
There are some pretty obvious welding beads visible in the rear trunk fotos ...
shades.gif Andy
ChicagoPete
FWIW

This guy is a member both on Pelican and Early911Sregistry.

Perhaps if someone is interested in the car they could post a thread on one of those boards to confirm some of his stuff on the eBay listing.

His member name on both is the same as eBay "MrBMW2002"

Peter
SLITS
Clock mounted in dash?

Faucet fuel pump?

Incorrect rear valence?

Incorrect front valence?

Cigarette lighter mounted to right of glove box?

No center deposit box?

Exhaust not stock.

Oh well, I'm not a buyer anyway.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.