Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4th of July
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Happy 4th of July to all you Yanks! Was in the US for 4th of July celebrations once, you guys sure know how to throw a party eh! Anyway Happy Birthday, and remember without you we probably wouldn't have this wonderful website, so thanks for that.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
VaccaRabite
Well, y'all could have joined us. But, no. Had to be all stubborn about it back in 1812.

Zach
Ian Stott
I wasn't here then, nor anyone else from my family but if we had of been maybe things would be different! What happened in 1812, I thought your B'day #1 was 1776.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Jul 5 2009, 04:54 PM) *

I wasn't here then, nor anyone else from my family but if we had of been maybe things would be different! What happened in 1812, I thought your B'day #1 was 1776.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Our birthday was 1776, but we tried to incorporate Canada in 1812. Didn't quite work out how we may have liked.

Zach
charliew
You know if more of us really studied history we would be way better off now.
Cap'n Krusty
1812 was the year our parent country decided they hadn't had a sufficient drubbing, so they came back for more. With a little outside help, we opened a big 'ol hogshead of whupass (cans weren't in common use at that time), and they got the hint. Or maybe it was because they REALLY didn't like our capitol building, so they stopped by and burned it down. Whatever it was, you guys chose to stick with them. All water over the Niagara Falls, now, I suppose.
70Sixter
We love our neighbors to the north. Even those who choose to Frenchify!

We all stuck together in later World Wars. And in trade.
turboman808
Seems the Declaration of Independence was drawn up on July 4th and not signed til sometime in August. Does that mean we can have 2 celebrations?

Had a great 4th of July weekend. Hiking, swimming, golfing and eating at nice restaurants every night with friends and family.
Cupomeat
I took my 3 yr old daughter (as it was her birthday as well) in the local parade in my dad's restored 1930 Model A 7 window sedan.

She really got into the crowds and flag waving.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(70Sixter @ Jul 6 2009, 04:21 PM) *

Oh, to be sure. Our border with Canada is the longest unsecured border for good reason.

Its just that ~about 200 years ago we loved our northern neighbors sooo much, we tried to make them part of our nation. Heck, at the time it was the prevailing thought that we would be welcomed with open arms. Yes, even back in the way back group think was a problem.

My fourth was good. I celebrated the birth of our nation by blowing up a small chunk of it. Good times!

Zach
jsayre914
I thought we already merged with Canada beerchug.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Union
screwy.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 6 2009, 04:53 PM) *

QUOTE(70Sixter @ Jul 6 2009, 04:21 PM) *

Oh, to be sure. Our border with Canada is the longest unsecured border for good reason.

Its just that ~about 200 years ago we loved our northern neighbors sooo much, we tried to make them part of our nation. Heck, at the time it was the prevailing thought that we would be welcomed with open arms. Yes, even back in the way back group think was a problem.

My fourth was good. I celebrated the birth of our nation by blowing up a small chunk of it. Good times!

Zach

We had a small fire started by fireworks start our evening, and then the next day, my wife was warned by a rattlesnake after me and the kids walked by....
swl
I flew into LAX on the 4th around 11:00. Fireworks everywhere! What a great way to welcome visiting Canuks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.