Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB- AN wrenches
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rfuerst911sc
Anyone have -12 + -16 AN wrenches laying around they want to sell? I need these to do my front oil cooler install. I know there are tons of places to buy these new but thought I'd try here first. I'll be on travel Monday + Tuesday but will reply after that.Thanks
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Jul 5 2009, 09:13 AM) *

Anyone have -12 + -16 AN wrenches laying around they want to sell? I need these to do my front oil cooler install. I know there are tons of places to buy these new but thought I'd try here first. I'll be on travel Monday + Tuesday but will reply after that.Thanks

You know there's nothing magick about the sizes, yes? Use clean tools, put some tape on an ajustable wrench if you really need the 'soft jaw' concept.

So I assume you're actually referring to the tricko anodised aluminum stuff - they're on my wish list too. Summit's line is about the lowest-cost I've seen.
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Jul 5 2009, 09:39 AM) *

QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Jul 5 2009, 09:13 AM) *

You know there's nothing magick about the sizes, yes? Use clean tools, put some tape on an ajustable wrench if you really need the 'soft jaw' concept.

So I assume you're actually referring to the tricko anodised aluminum stuff - they're on my wish list too. Summit's line is about the lowest-cost I've seen.

Yes I know there is nothing magical about these but I don'thave wrenches in my arsenal that big. My largest crescent wrench is a# 12 and it's not big enough for the -16. I have large channel locks that are big enough but that's a bit crude for this job.Thanks
70Sixter
My theory has been to buy what ever tool I need when I need it.

Cannot tell you how many have sat in my toolbox unused ever since. good insurance policy like the generator I bought after Hurricane Fran in 96.

Never needed it since!!! Still in cosmoline.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.