Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche-Audi-Vollswagon Brochure Photo's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hi Guys,

I've been going through my archives & finally scaned some interesting stuff.

Gint: It probably should not go here, but put it where you want.

Tom

BTW: This summer I will be getting rid of a lot of stuff. I enjoy collecting, but it's time to get downsize. rolleyes.gif
TJB/914
Page # 2 Continential Tires

T
TJB/914
Page # 3 Misc.

T
TJB/914
BTW: This is what the Boxster almost looked like.

T
TJB/914
That's all, this is old stuff.

Tom
TJB/914
Another.

T
TJB/914
Another.

T
TJB/914
Another. Notice this one is different than the one above.
914-S The Super Porsche.

Tom
Lavanaut
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jul 5 2009, 08:07 PM) *

Another. Notice this one is different than the one above.
914-S The Super Porsche.

Tom, this stuff is all so cool, but this last one..."The Super Porsche"...I want that in 5'x3'! Awesome! Must be someone here that can do quality printing in large sizes... idea.gif

Thanks for taking the time to share this stuff smilie_pokal.gif

Reid
Gint
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jul 5 2009, 05:52 PM) *
Hi Guys,

I've been going through my archives & finally scaned some interesting stuff.

Gint: It probably should not go here, but put it where you want.

Tom

BTW: This summer I will be getting rid of a lot of stuff. I enjoy collecting, but it's time to get downsize. rolleyes.gif

I can't think of a better place for it than the garage. Cool stuff. Thanks Tom.
busmech
I was looking for a clear top for my 68 914. WTF.gif
Nice collection
charliew
Tom my son got the 72 super beetle literature you sent. That was a real nice surprise for me and him. Thank you very much.
Charlie
TJB/914
QUOTE(charliew @ Jul 6 2009, 06:40 AM) *

Tom my son got the 72 super beetle literature you sent. That was a real nice surprise for me and him. Thank you very much.
Charlie

Charlie, your welcome. I have so much & always ready to help good kids. pray.gif

BTW: I have about (20) more 914-advertisements to post & will do it when time permits. I have a full (4) drawer file of all makes & models of car brochures, etc, etc. to get rid of this summer. Lots of Porsche/VW/German/American/English/Kit Car/Etc. car stuff collected over the years.

The holiday is over & it's time to get to work. bye1.gif

Tom
TJB/914
Hi Guys,

A few more for the evening. popcorn[1].gif

Tom
TJB/914
More popcorn[1].gif

T
914Sixer
Cool !!!!
TJB/914
Last one for the evening. popcorn[1].gif More tomorrow.

This one is my favorites. It's in (2) pcs. so I have to splice it together.

Tom
EdwardBlume
Nice posts... thanks! cheer.gif cheer.gif
TJB/914
Hi Guy's & Gal's.

Here's a few more this afternoon/evening. popcorn[1].gif

Tom
TJB/914
More. popcorn[1].gif

T
TJB/914
That's all for today. In the next few days I'll finish up with about (15) more.

Tom
Zundfolge
Thomas, any chance you could make these available at higher resolution?

Like at least 300dpi at actual original size?

Currently they're only 200dpi at about 3.25" x 4.5"

I put all the "The ______ Porsche" ads together as a poster but its only 13" x 18".

I'd like to clean the scans up a little bit and put them together into a much larger poster (I have a 60" plotter here at the office and wanted some more 914 art for my office wall).

If you can provide larger pics, I'll definitely get you a full resolution PDF of the finished product to do with as you please. I also am not going to sell any of them, this is just for my own personal use.

Attached is an over compressed, downsampled copy of the 13x18 poster I did.
914werke
Unfortunately the "SURF" Porsche = the RUST Porsche! rolleyes.gif
Zundfolge
So is the "Weather", "Schuss", "Nature" and "Getaway" Porsches ... honestly the only safe one is the "Desert" Porsche tongue.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(Zundfolge @ Jul 8 2009, 10:27 AM) *

Thomas, any chance you could make these available at higher resolution?

Like at least 300dpi at actual original size?

Currently they're only 200dpi at about 3.25" x 4.5"

I put all the "The ______ Porsche" ads together as a poster but its only 13" x 18".

I'd like to clean the scans up a little bit and put them together into a much larger poster (I have a 60" plotter here at the office and wanted some more 914 art for my office wall).

If you can provide larger pics, I'll definitely get you a full resolution PDF of the finished product to do with as you please. I also am not going to sell any of them, this is just for my own personal use.

Attached is an over compressed, downsampled copy of the 13x18 poster I did.

Zundfolge,

I have a better idea!! I will send you my whole collection of 8-1/2" x 11" magazine pages collected out of magazine advertisements then you can do your magic. You must promise to send the stuff back with a copy for me with the better resolution. Is that a deal???? I don't have the time or skill to do it so let me know!!! This could this be something you can do for a 914-world poster we can sell for $__?? with proceeds to ????? Garage Posters sell popcorn[1].gif
Open to suggestions!!!!

If interested send me your address on my personal email & I'll get the stuff out tomorrow before I go on vacation.

tjbliznik@ameritech.net

Tom
jsayre914
Exactly what is about to happen in this shot??

Zundfolge
Tom, if you'll provide the pages, I'll scan 'em and clean 'em up and send you full res copies.

I would hesitate to make any sort of product for sale from these ads as Porsche is extremely litigious (just ask Rocky Mountain Motorworks ... I almost took a job with them designing their catalog before Porsche/VW came along and sued them out of existence for copyright infringement).

But anything I do with these ads I'll make freely available here.
TJB/914
QUOTE(Zundfolge @ Jul 8 2009, 01:06 PM) *

Tom, if you'll provide the pages, I'll scan 'em and clean 'em up and send you full res copies.

I would hesitate to make any sort of product for sale from these ads as Porsche is extremely litigious (just ask Rocky Mountain Motorworks ... I almost took a job with them designing their catalog before Porsche/VW came along and sued them out of existence for copyright infringement).

But anything I do with these ads I'll make freely available here.

Hi Mike,

I got your PM & I'll mail everything out in tomorrow's mail. Looks like your the right guy to do this. Thanks. pray.gif

Now I don't have to post the other (15) advertisements. w00t.gif

Tom
jt914-6
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jul 8 2009, 03:07 PM) *

They are going to drop the top on the engine lid and rear trunk lid........
buhs914
here's a link to a bunch of cool german 914 ads http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/MagVWPads.htm
7TPorsh
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jul 8 2009, 01:07 PM) *

Top is going on!

Notice where the guy is looking?
TJB/914
Hi Mike B,

Wow, I just got your 3'x4' poster in today's mail. It's going in my garage as soon as I take it to Kinko's for a frame. It's beautiful (see photo). Now Mike & I will have a one only 914-factory poster for garage art. Big thanks Mike!!!

BTW Guys: I sent Mike my advertisements so he could make duplicates for his personal use. He just sent me this large 3'x4' sample poster cleaned up with high resolution and it's beautiful (see photo). Thanks Mike, send me the originals back when you finish with them. It pays to have artsy friends rolleyes.gif

Tom

Zundfolge
Well thanks for letting me scan all the ads, I've got a copy of the poster up on my office wall (along with one of this I edited by inverting the colors and making into a dark blue and white monotone).

I'd gladly make the PDF of the poster available to anyone that wants it, however 1) its 168MB (actually the uncompressed version is over a gig, but the compressed one will print just as well 99.9% of the time) and 2) I'm not sure how Porsche's legal department would react.
914four
QUOTE(Zundfolge @ Jul 24 2009, 04:49 PM) *

I'm not sure how Porsche's legal department would react.

Can we copy or print a poster if it is for personal use?
Zundfolge
IANAL

I believe printing it out for personal use constitutes "Fair Use", however the distribution of the file is where I expect we might run into trouble.

If I had someplace I could upload it to where we could all discretely share it, I'd gladly do so (again, its 168MB). Of course I just said that in public, didn't I? unsure.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(Zundfolge @ Jul 24 2009, 02:06 PM) *

IANAL

I believe printing it out for personal use constitutes "Fair Use", however the distribution of the file is where I expect we might run into trouble.

If I had someplace I could upload it to where we could all discretely share it, I'd gladly do so (again, its 168MB). Of course I just said that in public, didn't I? unsure.gif

Guys,

Wow, I've never done anything ilegal in my life, except drink beer before I was 21. Having said this I am going to break the CD's in half lol-2.gif lol-2.gif Unless you give me the secrete hand shake with a wad of money in it. shades.gif

Hmmm, I could lend someone my CD for personal use??? idea.gif I'll think about it cause I don't want any trouble with Big Govt.

T
Zundfolge
Actually lending out the CD would also probably fall under "Fair Use" (as long as you're not renting it).

The government doesn't worry me, neither do Porsche's attorneys, however if posted online, whomever owns the server they're posted on could end up with a C&D letter from Porsche.

Basically scanning the ads and putting them on disk is the equivalent of making a "mix tape". Posting the files online is the equivalent of sharing MP3 files.

But again, I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on television. And I didn't just give out legal advice biggrin.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(Zundfolge @ Jul 24 2009, 02:27 PM) *

Actually lending out the CD would also probably fall under "Fair Use" (as long as you're not renting it).

The government doesn't worry me, neither do Porsche's attorneys, however if posted online, whomever owns the server they're posted on could end up with a C&D letter from Porsche.

Basically scanning the ads and putting them on disk is the equivalent of making a "mix tape". Posting the files online is the equivalent of sharing MP3 files.

But again, I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on television. And I didn't just give out legal advice biggrin.gif

I just made up my mind, don't do it. I checked with my lawyer neighbor and he advised against getting involved. It's not worth it. I will proudly hang my one of only poster in the garage (personal use).

T
Zundfolge
That's probably the best thing to do.

Of course you have the files now so if yours gets damaged you can have a local sign shop print you out another one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.