Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Drive - 2nd 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
600 miles to get car
23 months to strip- it down, weld it up, paint and customize.
2 months to strip and refresh engine
1 month to install stereo- got lazy
1 weekend to align all 4 wheels
still some time to iron out the bugs but it is certified, licensed and drivable.
It's on the road.
The coolest part is that, in true 914 fashion, I did it all myself, stripping, welding, fiber glassing, painting, upholstery (except carpets thanks Hiedi) , engine, but the best part was the customizing -[FG Flares, seats - 88 corolla, mirrors - 96 Olds 88, high mount LED brake light - Hong Kong, SS Dash inserts - old door kick plates, rear wing - Ebay, front grill/driving lights, steel rocker panels - hand made, gray interior, stereo, pedals, 2000 Boxster rims - Ebay, black painted trim, white painted door handles, rear window radio antenna, SS roof wear plates and more but I forget all of it]

Enjoy the before, during and after shots.
I will post an entire restoration thread some day, but for now here is a taste.
tracks914
Finished
orange914
wow, what a nice job. smile.gif how did you do the blue dash pad?
tracks914
QUOTE(orange914 @ Jul 5 2009, 09:43 PM) *

wow, what a nice job. smile.gif how did you do the blue dash pad?

All the interior components, console, door pockets, speaker grills etc were painted with gray vinyl paint.
d914
wow...how did that stay togetheron the rack when you started!!!! great job.....!!!!enjoy
KELTY360
smilie_pokal.gif

white914.jpg driving.gif

That's nice work. Enjoy.
tat2dphreak
very nice! what seats are those?! very nice!
tracks914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 6 2009, 09:12 AM) *

88 Toyota Corolla. The base sits about 3/4" higher than stock seats. I'm 5'11"" and they they fit just right. Might be too high for someone taller but I haven't shaved any foam off the bottom yet to lower them. Very comfortable.

BTW I mounted the (88 Corolla) seat pan to original (914) seat mounts so I can whip them out and put stock ones back in in about 2 minutes.
orange914
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Jul 6 2009, 10:48 AM) *

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 6 2009, 09:12 AM) *

88 Toyota Corolla. The base sits about 3/4" higher than stock seats. I'm 5'11"" and they they fit just right. Might be too high for someone taller but I haven't shaved any foam off the bottom yet to lower them. Very comfortable.

BTW I mounted the (88 Corolla) seat pan to original (914) seat mounts so I can whip them out and put stock ones back in in about 2 minutes.

is the back pad recess area shaved to fit the seats? fits nice from the pictures
r_towle
Great job.

That original car was a shitbox...take that from a NorthEast salt guy...I would have tossed that thing out...

Good man, well done.

Post more pics...love to see all the interior details you did...it looks great.

Rich
PanelBilly
So what are you going to redo?
tracks914
is the back pad recess area shaved to fit the seats? fits nice from the pictures

The foam was removed and the material glued to the original backpad cardboard form.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

You are ,of course, going to put those Cool Red rims back on! RIGHT ?

Nice job, your skills are exceptional ! Dave slap.gif
tracks914
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Jul 7 2009, 08:32 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

You are ,of course, going to put those Cool Red rims back on! RIGHT ?

Nice job, your skills are exceptional ! Dave slap.gif

I think the PO had seen red Brembo brakes and decided to paint his rims to look like them. (I picked the car up in Quebec [and I can say that because I'm 2/3 French])

Jack of all trades, no real skills just a lot of trial, many errors and do overs and patience.
tod914
Fantastic work Doug. Very impressed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.