Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "New" 914 parts to be available shortly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Well, things are just about caught up on the front bumpers. I have been working on several other new items that I will be announcing officially next week. Because of the production cycle and the time it takes to get these to market there may be some overlap with items other folks are developing / announcing.

I tried to have most of the bugs worked out on the front bumpers before the production began , but the learning curve was steeper than I thought and it resulted in delays longer than I wanted.

So, in an effort to try to have product available in a shorter time period I invested in some tooling that will start becoming available next week, one because I knew there was a need, and I didn't want a repeat of the wait that was experienced with the front bumper. And yes one of the announcements will be the rear bumper, I should have that officially dialed in on the following week.

I know there has been some feedback that these products may devalue our cars. I'm hoping this is not the case, but do try to make my reproductions as close to OEM as possible, except where it makes sense to improve.

So, on July 16th I will be making some new stuff available for all of us. I think we all will need. I've gotten more aggressive in the development and have sunk allot more cash into what I hope will work out well for all of us.

I just wanted to let everyone know I haven't been idle.

I haven't been posting much lately on product, but will let everyone know when I can get my production schedule nailed down.
PeeGreen 914
Honestly, I can't see how your work could devalue our cars. You do very nice work and in part keep our cars loking great. If there aren't great looking 914s out there who would see them and get the itch to buy one. I know I constantly have 911 guys that are asking me questions about my car and seriously thinking of getting into a 914.

Keep up the nice work beerchug.gif
Zimms
agree.gif I am thrilled with the bumper top and seals I purchased from you. Nice work!
rick 918-S
popcorn[1].gif smilie_pokal.gif
watsonrx13
Thanks again for the products you're making .... Keep up the great work.... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
ellisor3
As for the rear bumper, put me on the list aktion035.gif

As for devaluation, when you put $20k-$30k into a car that you can sell for $15k, the math does not work out anyway. Shiny and new is still better than old and tattered. Many of the part are simply not available. Besides, you have improved the design of many of your parts, stainless steel ect.

Keep up the great work. smilie_pokal.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 6 2009, 01:54 AM) *

Well, things are just about caught up on the front bumpers. I have been working on several other new items that I will be announcing officially next week. Because of the production cycle and the time it takes to get these to market there may be some overlap with items other folks are developing / announcing.

I tried to have most of the bugs worked out on the front bumpers before the production began , but the learning curve was steeper than I thought and it resulted in delays longer than I wanted.

So, in an effort to try to have product available in a shorter time period I invested in some tooling that will start becoming available next week, one because I knew there was a need, and I didn't want a repeat of the wait that was experienced with the front bumper. And yes one of the announcements will be the rear bumper, I should have that officially dialed in on the following week.

I know there has been some feedback that these products may devalue our cars. I'm hoping this is not the case, but do try to make my reproductions as close to OEM as possible, except where it makes sense to improve.

So, on July 16th I will be making some new stuff available for all of us. I think we all will need. I've gotten more aggressive in the development and have sunk allot more cash into what I hope will work out well for all of us.

I haven't been posting much lately on product, but will let everyone know when I can get my production schedule nailed down.

Devaluation? Who can tell them apart? Front bumpr top? I can't!

Go dude!
Pat
914Sixer
Your products are great!!! I very much appreciate the time and effort that you have spent making and improving these parts. Any one with half a brain would know that the rubber products made now are twice as good as the original. Your aluminum instead of steel will keep rust to minimum. Stainless in the front bumper tops is what should have been done in the first place. I say baloney to the nay sayers. IF origninal is that important, Porsche should have stood by us and kept the parts coming, not coming back now when thier ass is in the wind saying we want to supply parts. pray.gif pray.gif
ghuff
The cars will be devalued more and worth less when they do not seal from weather and are lacking places to get parts.

I have your front hood seal and inner door seals on my 914, and they fit great and are well made. Look forward to purchasing more, also sent you a PM as well as filled out the contact form on your site about an order........... Been trying to place this order for a while now, seems you have been busy which is understandable.

Please take my money from me and send me plastic/rubber bits? smile.gif
barada
Bring on the new parts!!!
tat2dphreak
I think the concern was that BAD parts would devalue our cars... these are good parts... good is good, bad is BAD...

it's when cheaply made parts that don't last or do their non-aesthetic jobs that we get FUCT... imagine buying a car... all the seals LOOK great, feel ok... then they deteriorate 2 months after you buy it because the material isn't up to snuff... because someone didn't speak Mandarin enough to tell the guy it had to go outside, in the sun, with oil and water... after that all you can hope is that he didn't give the leftovers to his brother to use at the Peanut butter factory...
VaccaRabite
*chants* Air dam. Air dam. Air dam. smile.gif

Zach
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 6 2009, 05:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 6 2009, 01:54 AM) *

Devaluation? Who can tell them apart? Front bumpr top? I can't!

Go dude!
Pat

Wow Mike! That is high praise coming from Pat. I sometimes think he would prefer his car still had the factory filled oil!!! lol-2.gif
tat2dphreak
Wow Mike! That is high praise coming from Pat. I sometimes think he would prefer his car still had the factory filled oil!!!

he would... but it leaked out long ago biggrin.gif he preserved the original leak tho. poke.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 6 2009, 08:20 PM) *

*chants* Air dam. Air dam. Air dam. smile.gif

Zach

Zach, I have not forgot. I'm going to be talking to James later this week. It sounds like it's doable in the near future.

-Mark
kconway
I forget what shipping was on the front bumper top, but I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to return the packaging used to you to offset the cost of shipping the rear when its ready?
Kev
Mikey914
QUOTE(kconway @ Jul 6 2009, 08:47 PM) *

I forget what shipping was on the front bumper top, but I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to return the packaging used to you to offset the cost of shipping the rear when its ready?
Kev

I appreciate the offer, the boxes I had custom made to fit, but I only paid $7.58 each so probably not worth shipping back.
JRust
Hey Mark I forgot about the bumper tits. I'll try to look at them tommorow for you.
lotus_65
hey jerk, quit holding out on us!

at least tell us what parts so we can start saving our nickels...
biggrin.gif
Mikey914
Well you already know about the rear bumpers. The 3 part main targa seal is the big one. I've got the top and just finished the corner blocks, I'm waiting on the left, right sides that go down the windscreen. These are molded pieces that are produced as a left and right piece. The dies are being worked on this week and I've been told that they will be ready for the first run this next week. It kills me to keep these quite as I'm excited to make these available.

The best part- $149 each
At least for the initial run, they will retail for $169 later.
I will be starting an official post as soon as I have the pictures of one installed. I've been working toward these since I heard the dies were lost/ broken. They will have the aluminum clip, and the top and plugs look OEM, the sides should too (I just don't have one in hand yet to verify). They will have the short bend just off the block to contour to the sides as it goes down. They are fairly labor intensive, but I have started to assemble the top sections so when the sides are ready I can move them faster.

That's the big announcement for next week.

I do have a few others, but I'm going to wait until the tooling is complete before I go public.
barada
I would be in for the main seal. I just got done putting in the parts I got from you last week. That seal would finish my water leaks.
rfuerst911sc
I'm in for a front targa seal once they are available. beerchug.gif
lotus_65
oh, and i forgot to mention how excellent the rear window seal was to install.

it was way more work getting the old one out (as it disintegrated in my hands) than installing the new one.

cheers-

thefleur
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.