Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: had a great weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
This weekend, I attended a really nice 914 meeting in the Munich area, Bavaria.
3 Clubs (914 Friends Bavaria, 914 Friends Franken and Porsche 914-6 IG) organised a big "40 Years Porsche 914" event. Funny that there were exactly 40 cars at this event biggrin.gif
They came from all parts of Germany, some from Swizerland and Austria.
On Saturday we had a big barbecue with everything you could imagine, including all kind of drinks, music, videos, games and whatever you want.
Really cool. Met a lot of nice people there.

Unfortunately I only took very few photos, because I was allways talking to somebody ...
Here are some really nice exemplares, both real 914-6

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Gustl
On Sunday morning we had a big breakfast buffet (open air, at the same place as the barbeque on Saturday). After some time to "wake up" and talk about the cars, we got on the road to see the big Soccer Stadium "Allianz Arena".
Here's some additional info: Wiki Link

Click to view attachment

We had a complete park deck to display our cars in front of the Arena.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Gustl
That's me, next to my ravenna green 1.8 biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

After the photo shootings we parked the cars in the underfloor parking lot,
because we've got a guided tour through the Allianz Arena.

Click to view attachment

This is a shot from the VIP sector, up on the "2nd floor"

Click to view attachment
Gustl
There's a funny little side story to this event.
As usual, there was some "competition and judging"
Every owner / driver of a 914 had to fill a little sheet of paper with some infos to the car and the person. This was displayed at the windshield, and later, everybody had the possibility to judge what car was the best original 914-4, 914-6, the best modified 914-4 and 914-6, and, and and ...

At the evening, after the barbeque, there was a little price giving ceremony.
I knew that my car won't win anything, and due to the fact that there were other guys with much longer distances to travel, I thought that I won't win anything.
But then ... I can't believe it: I got the award for being the youngest 914 driver on this event biggrin.gif av-943.gif laugh.gif

And this was my award:

Click to view attachment

It's a little (about 2x2x3 inches) clear synthetic block with a 3D 914 sculpture in it.
AFAIK this 3D sculpture got burned in with Laser light, but I don't know exactly how it works.
Just too cool !!

bye1.gif Gustl
URY914
Looks like you had a great time.

I've seen those 2-light grills on other Euro 914's but not one here. Is there a supplier on you side of the pond making them?
Gustl
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 6 2009, 03:06 PM) *

Looks like you had a great time.

absolutely driving.gif mueba.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif rocking nana.gif

QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 6 2009, 03:06 PM) *

I've seen those 2-light grills on other Euro 914's but not one here. Is there a supplier on you side of the pond making them?

I don't think so - they looked "homemade"
carr914
Thanks Gustl and Congrats on your Award

T.C.
pin31
Cool....congrats !! smilie_pokal.gif

Looks like a fun time.

Wow, what an arena.
RiqueMar
What a cool weekend!

I second that on those double lights, very very cool.
effutuo101
Very cool. Thank you for sharing.
Lavanaut
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jul 6 2009, 06:48 AM) *

I knew that my car won't win anything, and due to the fact that there were other guys with much longer distances to travel, I thought that I won't win anything.

Those other guys are just lucky there wasn't a 914 trivia contest, they wouldn't have had a chance! smile.gif

Congrats on the award you did win though, and thanks for the really really cool pics. smilie_pokal.gif
7TPorsh
Cool event!

Interested why they chose red, white and blue for the stadium colors. Probably the team colors i suppose.
Gustl
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jul 6 2009, 06:37 PM) *

Those other guys are just lucky there wasn't a 914 trivia contest, they wouldn't have had a chance! smile.gif

that might be true biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif Gustl
carr914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jul 6 2009, 01:49 PM) *

Cool event!

Interested why they chose red, white and blue for the stadium colors. Probably the team colors i suppose.

Where are you seeing any Red?

Allianz the Company has Blue & White in their Logo

Click to view attachment

T.C.
TJB/914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jul 6 2009, 05:36 AM) *

That's me, next to my ravenna green 1.8 biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Hi Gustl (Wolfgang). Great event, thanks for sharing.

rolleyes.gif I noticed you drove your 914-4 cyl. Can we assume 4-cyl's are more reliable, hmmmm. w00t.gif Makes us feel good. pray.gif

Tom
Gustl
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 6 2009, 07:27 PM) *

Where are you seeing any Red?

Allianz the Company has Blue & White in their Logo

Click to view attachment

T.C.

T.C., you should follow the Wiki Link I posted in above biggrin.gif

the Allianz Arena changes it's color, depending on the team that's currently playing ...

beerchug.gif Gustl
1970 Neun vierzehn
As usual, Gustl, the photos of the 914 events that you attend are very much appreciated and enjoyed. It's gratifying to see the 914 recognized and utilized as evidenced by the pics you've always shared with us. Thanks! beerchug.gif

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.