Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Engine Idea
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
I was looking through Fiid's "Crazy Engine Idea" post and I thought about the engine I planned to build before I went the 6 route.

I was looking at a 6 nozzle nitrous system. Why 6?

I got the idea from seeing intercoolers that were kept ultra cool by spraying nitrous on them. Cooling being the biggest problem with any nitrous application I though about what would it take to cool a T4 w/nitrous... the nitrous itself.

4 nozzles get plumbed into the stock injection stacks.
2 nozzles get plumbed into the stock fan housing after the flaps to direct nitrous into the head chamber.

Stupid? confused24.gif
echocanyons
Is liquid nitrogen as unstable as NO2?
tracks914
I really like the idea. You try it first and tell us how it works out. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Eric_Shea
From what I was told, it's very stable. It's simply a carrier of an extra oxygen molecule.

You try it first and tell us how it works out

Send me your T4 and $700... I don't have any more 4-bangers laying around.
ppickerell
My brother works at Lawrence Livermore Labs and he and I have an idea for a 914 engine, but we could not tell you about it or we would have to ar15.gif

Codeword: New Clear
Jeff Bonanno
N2 = nitrogen - regular old nitrogen gas. make it quite cold and you have liquid nitrogen as stable as brick dust

NO2 = nitrogen dioxide

N2O = nitrous oxide, a nice oxidiant to mix with gasoline - check this out - give it a tug and it pops into half a dioxygen (the ordinary oxidant we mix with gasoline) and N2 (vide supra)

jbb
Brett W
Why waste good nitrous to cool the motor. Run two bottles one with your nitrous, and the other with CO2. My biggest complaint with nitrous is:

1: The bottle runs dry when the speed shop isn't open

2: A four cylinder can't injest enough nitrous to make things really interesting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.