Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Some People
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
Someone replied to my (914 club) want ad, then turned out to be less than a gentleman. Read on and tell me what you think. Name is omitted for he might be a member here.
Ad was for a used set of Mahle center caps.

Feb 25
I have a set of four (4) 2.0 Fuchs alloy center caps. Some, slight deformation on face but generally all are in very good condition. I believe that they will fit perfectly on your Mahles. $60 o.b.o. /set plus shipping. Send me a PM and I will reply wiht a pic. Thanks XXX

Feb 25
XXX:
I would love to see some pictures of them. I know you can buy them new for $30 a piece so if they are in good enough condition then 1/2 price is good.
Tx
Doug

Feb 25
Doug,
Here a pic of the caps. With a little work with a
small hammer and a large socket for a base, the face
can be smoothed out. There are also round "Porsche"
emblem stckers made for these caps.
Thanks XXX

Mar 02
XXX:
They are a little rougher than I thought but... would you take $40 US for the set?
Tx
Doug

Mar 02
Doug,
$40 plus actual shipping (UPS Ground) will work for
me. Give me your shipping address and I will get a
totalf for you. Thanks XXX

Mar 02
XXX:
Shipping quote to

Doug Armstrong
815 College St
Timmins, ON
Canada
P4N 8J3

I have found US Postal Air to be the cheapest to Canada but you can check others.
Tx
Doug

Mar 03
Doug,

Shipping will be approximately $15 for a total of $55.
Can you PayPal me to my email address? If so, I will
ship the caps as soon as payment is posted. Thanks XXX

Mar 04 (I opened this email Mar 05)
Doug,
Since I have not heard back from you, I will assume
that you have decided not to buy my caps. And, since
you did not get back to me, I wish you luck finding
another set since mine will cost you my original
asking price. Good Luck. I guest Canadians have a
diffetent business ethics than Americans.

Mar 05
WOW that's just rude!!
I have never welched on a deal in my life. I have been patient enough with ebayers to wait for up to 9 weeks to settle a deal properly. Because of this patience I have never received bad feedback and always feel my ebay deals were a success. If you think because I don't answer my emails everyday that I have different business ethics than Americans then all I can politely say is no thanks.
I thought the deal for $40 was fair (and was ready to paypal you tonight) but if you think you can jack the price by 33% because I didn't respond to you the yesterday then I have to question your ethics.
Good Luck selling your caps, just not to me!
Doug

Some peoples kids!!! pissoff.gif
Ray Warren
Doug
Maybe he just ate some of our mad cow beef. wacko.gif
tracks914
QUOTE(914ray @ Mar 5 2004, 05:06 PM)
Doug
Maybe he just ate some of our mad cow beef. wacko.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
I thought we were only sending that stuff to The White House.
SirAndy
soooo, lemmy get this straight ...

the guy gets ugly cause you didn't email him back for a day and then he questions your biz-ethics cause you're canadian ???

hell, i have been dealing with AMERICAN business people on various contracts for OVER a year (in one case over 2 years) without getting anything final and sometimes with as much as 4 weeks silence inbetween updates!

so much for american biz-ethics. ha! pissoff.gif
Andy
olav
Probably someone very inexperienced. Not to be taken personally.

Move on. Move on.
tracks914
QUOTE(olav @ Mar 5 2004, 05:54 PM)
Not to be taken personally.

Move on. Move on.

I think it's comical laugh.gif laugh.gif

I also think he changed his mind on what they should sell for and this was his way of backing out. Too bad for him. I'll watch for them on Ebay and see what he gets for them. happy11.gif
I'm sure I can find more. beerchug.gif
Long gone. Long gone.
Qarl
Look at these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2465006658

IPB Image
tracks914
I like the looks. Has anybody tried them? Not original but for a daily driver they might do.
I still have my beat up originals for the concours look. laugh.gif
EdwardBlume
People are funny, eh. You wacky Canadians!
reverie
I don't have center caps on my Fuchs. I kinda like the capless look.. it's simple and clean and serious, and it says this car is more about go than show. Yeah, that's right.

When it's running.. cool_shades.gif
tommy914
I noticed in his write-up that these only stick out 3/4 inch, which he says is much shorter than stock. I thought the stock ones were really close on the front to hitting the grease cap.

Would these even work on a 914?
morph
I've been having some shipping cost problems to Canada. Shipping through USPS cost the same anywhere in Canada, so I get people asking shipping prices to BC which is a few hours away, and they get sticker shock when they get the shipping price.
tracks914
QUOTE(morphenspectra @ Mar 5 2004, 09:43 PM)
I've been having some shipping cost problems to Canada. Shipping through USPS cost the same anywhere in Canada, so I get people asking shipping prices to BC which is a few hours away, and they get sticker shock when they get the shipping price.

Living at the other end of the country I have found USPS air to be very reasonable for shipping to Canada. I have just found some people ship in too large a container. The shipping for the 4 little center caps I expected to be about $8-$10 but..... wink.gif
rhodyguy
shipping is usually cheaper via the u.s postal service, really. the first lb priority is $3.65 in the u.s and it's there in 2-3 days. there is a bit of a premium to ship out of country. but not that much.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.