Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How well do rebuilt injectors work?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Owner
I'm thinking of buying rebuilt injectors for my '73 2.0L do these injectors work ok or should I avoid them?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca...j_pg1.htm#item0
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(914Owner @ Jul 7 2009, 03:58 PM) *

I'm thinking of buying rebuilt injectors for my '73 2.0L do these injectors work ok or should I avoid them?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca...j_pg1.htm#item0

for the price they are ok, but if you can find new by all means buy them. We guarantee our rebuilt but I would say that 5% fail from new rebuild
Cap'n Krusty
IME, all 36 years of it, they're not worth the effort. Last rebuilt injectors I bought were in the late 1980s, and I ended up tossing 'em and going with new ones. When you weigh the labor and hassle against the savings, you come up short .............

The Cap'n
jimkelly
http://www.witchhunter.com/

jim
Pat Garvey
I bought 8, assuming that half wouldn't work. Got them from members here who'd sent them to Witchunter. Put four in, with all new seals - they work fine.

Maybe it's a toss of the dice, but I'm happy.
ghuff
Eventually the solenoids will crap out and the body will seperate.

Until then the bosch EV1 style injectors are fine, a rebuild means changing the filter basket at the fuel inlet, and putting them in rust dissolving solvent in an ultrasonic machine that vibrates the crap out of them literally.

It's a crap shoot with what really are the first EFI injectors ever..........

My vote would be go standalone, get some 19lb standard bosch style injectors and stop worrying about the old ECU/injector combo
tracks914
QUOTE(ghuff @ Jul 7 2009, 06:59 PM) *

Until then the bosch EV1 style injectors are fine, a rebuild means changing the filter basket at the fuel inlet, and putting them in rust dissolving solvent in an ultrasonic machine that vibrates the crap out of them literally.

My vote would be go standalone, get some 19lb standard bosch style injectors and stop worrying about the old ECU/injector combo

Tell me more...
ghuff
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Jul 7 2009, 07:08 PM) *

QUOTE(ghuff @ Jul 7 2009, 06:59 PM) *

Tell me more...

What do you want to know dude?
tracks914
Link to a site that sell them, cost, application. I believe the originals run on 32 psi. Do you have to back down the pressure? Etc.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.