Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OG Gas Tank Return Line Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wallys914
I am looking to add a Nitrious system on my car but figuring out the fuel deliver to the extra pump would be difficult I thought, then I started thinking if the return line could be used to supply fuel to the Nitrious fuel pump that would resolve that issue...

Any one know?
Dave_Darling
I think it will--up to a point. There is no strainer over the return port, and I believe that the end of the return fitting inside the tank is higher than that of the supply fitting. So it will run out of gas earlier.

I don't know of any check-valve in there or anything like that, though.

--DD
SLITS
The return fitting is concially shaped on the end with a hole of about 1/8" from memory. You would severly restrict the fuel flow to a pump by using this fitting. I've seen cars with the suction and supply reversed where they wouldn't run above about 3K ... they would stumble and miss due to lack of fuel.
pktzygt
Tangerine sells larger than stock stainless lines. Mine will go in this weekend, time permitting.
McMark
The supply line has a strainer inside the tank and protrudes upward, both to minimize the particulate that enters the line. The return line has neither and is therefor more prone to ingesting particulate from the tank.
wallys914
Thanks Mark, type.gif that handles the particulates of this question... av-943.gif I will have to try it then.

Another question, has anyone fab'd up an AN fitting for a 914 tank?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.